THR Feeling better

Well I had my 4 month post op appt today. The good news is the xrays showed the implants were looking good. The not so good news is that I have iliopsoas tendinitis. He wants me to go to PT. Does this sound like a good idea? I did some reading on this and as a last resort would be a hip revision. This terrifies me. I can’t believe I gave up one pain,have the surgery,
just to be stuck with another pain.The first 2 weeks post op were a nightmare to me and I said I would never go through it again.
Honestly the recovery has been going really well except about a month ago the groin pain increased, I can’t lift my foot off of the ground more than 1inch.Anyone else have this experience and tell me about it?

So sorry you are dealing with tendonitis...I think I would see what the PT had to offer, conservative therapy may help and you are smart so you will know what is helping and what is not.
Rest and ice are also important parts of this protocol, so I would try not to worry about worse case scenarios and see if this helps.
An injection could be in order to help resolve also.
Hope your weekend is restful, @Bumper.

Thanks for the info. I’m not going to lie - I am very upset with this news. I have my first PT appt next Tuesday to address this.

I know...I'm sorry.
Try not to project...hopefully just an unfortunate hiccup.
Insist on keeping PT easy does it and mindful.
Sending hugs for comfort and peace of mind.

Well I have been back in PT for 2 weeks for illospsoas tendinitis and have shown improvement in lifting my leg. I like the therapist a lot and the exercises we do are different than the post op PT. We are working to strengthen the thigh muscles and core muscles. I have hope that this will work. I have been pleasantly surprised at the improvements! I am now 4 and 1/2 months post op.

Encouraging news @Bumper that you are feeling a bit better. Ice and rest are probably equally as important. Hoping you are getting out a bit and keeping encouraged. The mind part is more challenging than the physical sometimes. Hoping you get complete relief soon from tendonitis. :SUNsmile:

:hi: Hi @Bumper
What great news! Thanks for stopping by to let us know how you're doing and what's working for you.
May it only get better!

Unbelievable- my sister has said that it’s my fault for my tendinitis because I didn’t continue to do PT exercises everyday since my surgery! She also has said that after this second time with PT ( 4 weeks), after being diagnosed with iliopsoas tendinitis, that if I don’t continue to do exercises everyday that it will be my own fault if it doesn’t get better! I do agree that I do need to continue with some exercises for awhile but I am able to make my own decisions on my own improvements. Sorry - just had to vent - lol!

I'm confused, has your sister had a joint replacement?
Regardless, I am so sorry she said this to you. I think she is trying to help but there are several reasons the tendinitis reared it's ugly head, and exercising it too early while inflamed and in shock from surgery usually isn't the answer.
The good news is that you are showing and feeling improvement and that is what we shall focus on.. congratulations! @Bumper

@CricketHip -lol! no she has never had a joint replacement. She has had bilateral shoulder arthroscopies. Totally different. She is being passive aggressive, not really trying to be helpful. Thanks for your encouragement!

Hi @Bumper
Sorry you're dealing with the tendonitis. I hope with the exercises you find relief soon. Maybe not sharing your progress, or lack thereof, will help with those who make negative comments. It's difficult to make assumptions without any info. :wink:
To brighter days! :SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom