• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

THR Feeling better

OP
OP
B

Bumper

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone! I’m nearing my 7th week post op. I finished up PT last week and I’m feeling pretty good! Got the ultrasound results on my legs and no blood clots were seen. I’m hoping I can stop the Eliquis soon. Had a scare the other night- I dropped a pill on the floor and my puppy was right there. Didn’t even think, I just dropped to the floor on my hands and knees (what a surprise!) and wrestled with my puppy to make sure he didn’t have the pill.. I was so scared! I was alone in my bedroom at the back of the house and I knew my dad would not hear me calling for help. I was able to reach my cellphone and called my dad on the house phone and he came back. I was practically hysterical because I couldn’t fine the pill and then didn’t know how I was going to get up off the floor. He got both puppies out of my room and I managed to crawl over to the chair in my room and I was sweating bullets, but was able to pull myself up and stand up. I was then able to see and pick up the pill thank goodness. It took me awhile to calm down. My right hip was sore for 2 days, but not unbearable pain. Iced and took Tylenol and now back on track.

Last edited:

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Bumper
Glad to hear you are doing well.

I managed to crawl over to the chair in my room and I was sweating bullets, but was able to pull myself up and stand up. I was then able to see and pick up the pill thank goodness.
So sorry for this unfortunate "hip test" but it sounds like you passed with flying colors.
Hope the rest of your week is restful and uneventful!:flwrysmile:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hey @Bumper
How are you doing? Scary incident with the pill and your puppy. Crisis averted. I hope you had a nice weekend and you're looking forward to the holiday on Thursday. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

OP
OP
B

Bumper

Country
Well almost 10 weeks post- op now. Doing really well. I just have some minor aches and some residual incision pain. About a week goes by and I realize improvements in that whole area. It amazes me! Still have a ways to go but I’m getting there. I get really tired if I stay out too long running errands. My doctor still wants me on the Eliquis for another 3- 4 months. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi @Bumper
So happy to see you are Feeling Better and Better.
I just have some minor aches and some residual incision pain. About a week goes by and I realize improvements in that whole area.
This sounds quite like how I felt at 10 weeks and your comment reminds me of Layla's oft posted comment for members to try measuring progress weekly rather than daily.:) :-) (:

I get really tired if I stay out too long running errands.
Stamina was quite hard for me to regain also.
I think 4th month out was my biggest turnabout in that regard.
Lots of improvements to come.

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Hi Bumper! You are sounding right on track.. I love seeing updates like yours. That incisional pain can hang around for quite some time. Mine is particularly sore right now, I was walking too fast and ran into the corner of a piece of furniture, boy did I ever see stars!

Isn't it just crazy how quickly we are up and about after a big surgery like this!
Happy Holidays! A nice way to end the year, right?

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Bumper happy to hear you're doing well. I think all of us go through the fatigue when we've done a bit much, it does get better. :santa-dance:

OP
OP
B

Bumper

Country
Oh my gosh! I just now drove my own car since my surgery! I have been driving my dad’s SUV because it’s high. My own car sits very low to the ground and was reluctant to try getting in and out of it until my hip felt a whole lot better. I was going to wait until my 3 month anniversary (Jan. 2) but just thought I could do it now. So happy!!

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Oh yeah!!:driver:

It's the little things....:tada:

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Yay! You feel like a 16 yr old who just passed his drivers license exam when you get behind the wheel again. A great feeling of independence for sure!
Happy trails to you and a Happy Thursday too! :driver:
@Bumper

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Ciscokid68
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom