THR February 10th Right Hip Replacement Surgery FINALLY

Hi Nancy! Congratulations on your approved surgery for your hip!

:welome:

Welcome to Bonesmart!

A moderator will make your signature with your surgery details. For now I will leave you some great reading material to help you prep for your surgery.

HIP
If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:

I know you are so ready for your surgery if you've struggled for 4 years, but some of the above info might give you some interesting insights.

@Nancy Realtor

Welcome! :welome:
Congrats on the upcoming surgery. Such an exciting journey and a step in the right direction to get your life back.
The forum has a lot of great resources that may help you along with your recovery and preparation for surgery. Please keep us posted on how you're doing. We love to see how our members are coming along.

@Nancy Realtor congrats on the surgery approval and getting a date locked in! :ok: @CricketHip left you some great reading material, the recovery aids is really useful and you'll want some on hand so you're set when you come home after surgery.

Ice/gel packs are a must have, multiples so you can have some getting cold again while you're using others. Grabbers/reachers are very useful, not only help you pick up things you drop (and drop you will :snork:) but can be used to help dressing, pulling up covers, etc. I know a lot of us recommend two, that second one is useful for picking up the first one when you drop it! :heehee:

You might want to have some meals pre-cooked and/or prepped in the freezer so you have easy meals for the first couple weeks. Stay hydrated as well. We'll be here if you need us. :friends:

Thank you for the good information!! I'm ready to get this over with lol!!! Anxiety is starting to creep up on me so I'm trying hard to push it away and be positive!!! I also had both my knees replaced so I'm very well aware that the first 2 weeks may not be pleasant but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

That is such a conundrum isn’t it? You’re anxious about having surgery and yet you can’t wait to get it done! Such strange and wonderful beings we are. It’s a good thing the desire to get back to living outweighs the fear. Lol.
It has been said that hip recovery is relatively easier compared to knees. Let’s hope that’s true for you. Just a week away to a happier hip. Deep breath.

Hello Nancy,
Welcome to BoneSmart and thanks for joining us. Tomorrow is your big day and as you know from previous surgeries, it will be over in the blink of an eye. Hopefully by tomorrow night you’ll be able to relax and rest comfortably with pain well managed. We’re rooting for you and will be watching for you on the healing side. Best wishes!
@Nancy Realtor

Blessings for a smooth, uneventful surgery and a good, pain controlled recovery. We’ll see you on the healing side to celebrate your shiny, new hip.

:wave: Nancy, tomorrow is the big day. Wishing you a quick, easy and stress free surgery. Hoping they get your pain under control quickly so you can rest comfortably after surgery and start that recovery.

Hey Nancy Realtor,
I hope your recovery is going well! i had my left THR done on 2/8/2022, so just two days ahead of you. Aside from trying to lift my leg, put on socks & shoes or pants, i feel better than i did before the surgery. i hope you do well too.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562