THR FCBayern's Recovery

Cazily enough I'm feeling more cabin fever than I did during my initial recovery!

I think we‘re all feeling like this about now. It’s one thing to stay home because it’s your comfy safe place and you’re choosing to do so, it’s another thing to be advised we should. Right now I “want out” like a wayward child. Guessing I should speak for myself. I wanna break free :hairpulling:....but I am behaving. Thank you for your kind words on my thread the other day. Be safe and stay well :)

Now we know why the dog wants to break out the door everytime we open it.:heehee:
For the greater good...it's how we get this thing contained.

Hope you have a Fabulous Friday.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re holding up well with all that’s going on in the world these days.
Thanks for all the support and encouragement you offer others on the forum. I’m sure it is appreciated by many. Take care to be safe and stay well!
@FCBayern

Thanks @Layla, This forum has been such a huge help to me during both my knee and hip replacement. Anything I can do to pay it forward just seems right.

Spent the day before my 4 month hipiversary by spending the day fishing with a really good friend. His aunt owns a 30,000 acre cattle ranch with a year round creek that has nice bass fishing holes so we had the whole place to ourselves and weren't exposing ourselves to anyone potentially contagious. We have both been laying low and were actually sharing an office before being sent home to work so weren't too worried about infecting each other. Although the fishing wasn't very good sharing time with my friend on a beautiful day in a beautiful setting was a real nice change from the constant doom and gloom infecting our world right now.
20200401_111044.jpg
20200401_141637.jpg

Beautiful photos, glad you had an enjoyable day and a nice long walk.

Oh so beautiful! Blue skies, sunshine, fluffy white clouds, green grass and trees! I can’t wait. Its coming....with each new dawn those of us who aren’t enjoying it yet are one day closer to the seasons beauty and....The Return To Normal! :happydance:
Yippie Skippie, can’t wait.

It’s so wonderful you were able to soak that all in with your friend and didn’t even end up in the ODIC! Glad you enjoyed that special time. Thanks for sharing :)
@FCBayern

What a beautiful place, reminds me of Scotland. Glad you managed to get some fishing in:realing: and your marathon walk,:walking::yes!: Hopefully that will be me in the not too distant future!

California's governor announced today that non-cosmetic elective surgeries can begin getting scheduled again. Good news for anyone here waiting on replacement surgery, hopefully other areas will open up soon. Too many hospitals are virtually empty and loosing money. Good from a virus standpoint but for those of us on the recovery side we understand wanting the constant grinding pain of a bad joint to end.

@FCBayern I just looked at your fishing photos.. so peaceful. Thank you for sharing.
You are having a very good recovery! Walking that much and feeling so after effects is wonderful.

It will be great to see other members getting their lives back soon, too.
My sister is waiting for a new knee and her state just lifted their ban on non essential procedures, also.
(Ohio)

Thanks for sharing. Amazing views and great you were able to enjoy it safely with a friend during these strange times.
Hoping you continue to enjoy a great recovery .

Thanks @CricketHip my THR recovery has really been amazing, I'm definitely one of the lucky ones. I didn't feel my knee recovery went nearly as well, I was still having pain and reduced range of motion months after my surgery, but I now know a lot of that was due to my hip already being shot before THR. Since having THR both joints have improved dramatically. Life is good.

Yes, like that old song says:
“The knee bone’s connected to the thigh bone”
And so on. :rotfl:
we are definitely just a bucket of parts and we need them healthy and functioning.
It had to be frustrating when you thought it was only the knee.
So glad it’s working out for you!

I am also still so thankful for my new life with new hips.:chuckmarch:
You've done splendid and your advice and encouragement to those pre-op and post op is the stuff that makes this forum special.
:thankyou:

Hope you have a good weekend, my hippy pal.

Well yesterday made 5 months for me. Couldn't be happier with my shiny new super custom after market hip! Took a nice long ride in California's gold country with a stop at a winery we belong to for some delicious wines to add to the wine fridge. It was nice to get out of the house for a little break, and with the beautiful weather enjoy the sports car as well. Hope all my fellow hippies are staying safe and sane.
20200503_154721.jpg

Looks like a beautiful day for a ride and wine is always a good idea. I live in the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY and this is also wine country.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom