THR FCBayern's Recovery

Another mini milestone today, I was able to cut my own toe nails! :yes!: Seems like kind of a silly thing to get excited about but it's one more step to being completely independent again. It's probably been 18 months since I could do this last with both the knee and hip taking their turn at limiting my motions. My wife has been such a trooper through it all, never complaining and always willing to help but I'm sure she won't mind having one less thing to do.:angel:

Another mini milestone today, I was able to cut my own toe nails! :yes!: Seems like kind of a silly thing to get excited about but it's one more step to being completely independent again.

Congratulations.jpeg This was a big milestone for me. Any minor achievement is progress in my books.
NewWeek.jpeg Izzy xx

On my one year anniversary of my TKR I saw the PA for a follow up of my THR. He checked the motion of the hip, leg length, and gait. Still have a little wobble in my gait but all in all he thought I was ahead of the curve in healing. being back at work for my second week including commute and no issues I would have to agree. Even my knee is very happy about my THR. Life is good.

Hello and Happy Sunday @FCBayern :wave:
Nice update! Glad you're doing well.
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Wishing you a wonderful week. :)

Thanks @Layla but it's actually two months today! :flwrysmile: I thought I would be waking up in the ODIC today after a big day yesterday but I'm really happy to report that I'm not!:happydance:I edged and mowed my lawn yesterday for the first time in what feels like forever (Which made my wife VERY happy as she like many of the ladies on the forum loves to garden but HATES lawn care) which involved a lot of side stepping which is something I haven't done since surgery. Then we went to a fund raiser that involved standing for three hours followed by a little bar hoping (something we had never done before) with a group from my wife's work. More time spent standing with some sitting. I finished the night with 9500 steps and a little ice. Thought the ODIC was surely in my future and feel so blessed to wake up feeling good. As rough as my TKR recovery was my THR recovery has been amazing, and I don't take for granted how lucky I have been. The first daffodil of spring has bloomed in the yard and I'm taking it as an omen to my future. :dancy:

Fantastic!! Well done......what a great day you had.
i Am the gardener in this household and I am looking forward to getting out there when spring arrives in Scotland in March. might Have to get help with the first cut after winter but I love my garden and it worried me that I would find things tough going after the op. I am happy with my progress after 4 weeks and You just inspired me...thank you.

Thanks @Layla but it's actually two months today! :flwrysmile: I thought I would be waking up in the ODIC today after a big day yesterday but I'm really happy to report that I'm not!:happydance:I edged and mowed my lawn yesterday for the first time in what feels like forever (Which made my wife VERY happy as she like many of the ladies on the forum loves to garden but HATES lawn care) which involved a lot of side stepping which is something I haven't done since surgery. Then we went to a fund raiser that involved standing for three hours followed by a little bar hoping (something we had never done before) with a group from my wife's work. More time spent standing with some sitting. I finished the night with 9500 steps and a little ice. Thought the ODIC was surely in my future and feel so blessed to wake up feeling good. As rough as my TKR recovery was my THR recovery has been amazing, and I don't take for granted how lucky I have been. The first daffodil of spring has bloomed in the yard and I'm taking it as an omen to my future. :dancy:
Hi mate, after 6 weeks were you able to crouch forward and tie your laces without any muscle pain or joint restriction? I’m just past the 6 week mark and still walking with a limp and restricted

Thanks @Layla but it's actually two months today

Whoops! My first mistake of the year. :heehee: Yeah...I wish, lol.
Certainly don't want to set you back a month. Not after all the work and effort you're putting into doing it right.
Wishing you a great Monday and week!

[/QUOTE]
Hi mate, after 6 weeks were you able to crouch forward and tie your laces without any muscle pain or joint restriction? I’m just past the 6 week mark and still walking with a limp and restricted
[/QUOTE]

I was able to bend forward and tie my shoes at 6 weeks @mcane21 but that didn't mean it was easy! It's still a little tough, it's getting better but I can actually do it! No pain but things are still tight and the good leg is still much easier than the operated leg.

[/QUOTE]

I was able to bend forward and tie my shoes at 6 weeks @mcane21 but that didn't mean it was easy! It's still a little tough, it's getting better but I can actually do it! No pain but things are still tight and the good leg is still much easier than the operated leg.
[/QUOTE]
Awesome mate thanks for you’re feedback. Kinda sounded like you were doing it with ease but on that note I’m in the same league and it’s not easy thankyou

Wow, didn't realize how long it's been since I posted to my own thread. Overall things have been going great for me. I have however realized from posts on the forum that I have been suffering from Priformis syndrome to my non-operated hip since even before my THR. Has anyone else had this issue in the non-operated side? Just got back from a quick trip to see the granddaughters (3 hour car ride Friday night and back Saturday night) and had to ride a tennis ball both ways. I'm hoping that maybe this is just the other hip dealing first with a bad hip and now adjusting to a good one?

Hi @FCBayern
I'm sorry you're dealing with the pain and discomfort of what you believe is Pirformis Syndrome. Following is an article from the BoneSmart that includes some stretches. Not sure if you've read it...

Hopefully you get some useful info from it and you're able to obtain relief through the stretches illustrated.

Wishing you comfort and speedy resolution.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom