THR FCBayern's Recovery

@Jamie I'd like to do Amazon smile for FARM through Amazon.co.uk, but the charity isn't listed. Here's what is on their webpage:

Customers can select from a list of charities that are registered with the Charity Commission of either England and Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland and have enrolled in the AmazonSmile programme

Any chance you could facilitate getting FARM listed as a charity in England too? It's truly an international service Bonesmart!! . I don't know how difficult it would be... Just a thought. Thanks.

Sorry to derail FC Bayern....please forgive me.

@FCBayern ..... wow!!! Great milestones. So happy for you. Keep the caution, though, as you start adding in new activities. Try short trips with "the baby" to start with and work up to that joyous coastal drive you're yearning for. Some photos would be nice for us so we could share your adventure.

@Calgal ... I will check into this. You're right that we need to make this capability available to all our members, not just those in the USA.

I'm definitely taking it slow and keeping trips short for now @Jamie my coastal drive will probably wait until March when we are traveling south for a wine club event:beer: I'll keep pictures in mind, the California coast is spectacular. It will also be wild flower season here in about 4 weeks, one of my favorite times of year.
No worries @Calgal that's a great idea.

Tried something new today, took my dog for a walk. :dogsniff: It was just around our block (probably equivalent to 10 city blocks) but it has been at least 18 months since I could take him out. I had been waiting until I was released from my movement restrictions since he is a big guy and even though he's well trained we've had issues with other dogs roaming lose before and I didn't want to deal with something like that when moving wrong might pop the new hip out of joint. One more bit of normalcy creeping back into life and one more thing my wife doesn't have to be wholly responsible for. He has been huge in keeping me upbeat during the long lonely days when my wife is working and here I sit. But we're off and running walking now! :dogwalk:

I am sure your dog will enjoy walking with you as much as you enjoy it. My dog is loving it that I can ply ball with him again and he was overjoyed when I went over the week end on a walk in the fields. They miss us when we are not up to our usual activities.

First full day back at work today and it turned out to be WAY busier than I had planned. That said I think it went pretty well. The commute was pain free and I'm definitely worn out tonight but I was able to ice 3 times during the day and came home and assumed the position. :ice: I guess tomorrow will be the real test if I joined the ODIC. :dubious:

I ran into the same when I returned to work ..often too much too soon.
But I did the same when I got home...babyed my hips, and iced and elevated.
Hope you avoided the ODIC!:fingersx:

Hope you avoid the ODIC. Riding is always the hardest part. I’ve tried everything, it’s just time and healing. New hips just need a lot of TLC. Good luck today @FCBayern

Hello @FCBayern
I hope you slept well last night and you're beginning the day refreshed and ready to roll as opposed to feeling like you overdid it. :fingersx:
May today and the remainder of the work week be easy on you. Take the time to ice and rest each evening if you're able. Happy Wednesday! :wave:

I rolled out of bed with some trepidation, was I in the ODIC? Not even any discomfort! :egypdance::spin:
Thankful to the hippy gods for the wonders of modern medicine. Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes.

Happy for you not getting into ODIC.

Well first 4 days of work under my belt including the 90 minute commute each way. I'm one of the lucky ones that riding or driving doesn't bother me this early. I actually drove the van pool 2 days this week. My hip was just a little cranky today but not bad enough to get me to ice until lunch. I also had 8000 steps yesterday by far the most since surgery so no complaints. I will definitely take it easy this weekend, sleeping in is my biggest plan. :sleep:

You are progressing right along! I loved reading your thoughts on Hello Fresh, we have been debating this and thought it might be something my husband can do on the nights that I work later than him. Thanks for mentioning it.

You sure have a long commute! Glad it's not bothering you,, you are quickly resuming your life, and doesn't it feel awesome?

Your right @CricketHip it feels amazing to resume life. :happydance:Between my knee and my (surprise your bad knee wore out your hip) I haven't been pain free in years. To be so now is something I will always treasure. I'm sure life will throw me more challenges in the future but I'm going to enjoy every minute of my new pain free life.:)

You're doing well, congrats on that first week back at work! Continue to listen to your body and let the healing continue!.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back