• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

"Falling" in your sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loreli

You know the sensation of falling in your sleep and then you "Jolt" out of it? That really hurts post op. I've done it 3 or 4 times... except I'm not falling from a height... I'm starting to put my foot on a step and it disappears making me "fall". Guess I'm even thinking about my hip in my sleep. :zzz:

Ohhhh, poor Loreli!!! NOT FAIR!!! At some point here soon you'll be less aware of your hip and maybe those "falling" episodes will disappear. Your new hip is strong and you don't need to worry about it. You'll gain confidence in that every day.

Loreli,
I will wake myself by tightening and relaxing my replaced hip muscles and leg over and over again...Guess it can't hurt it. Like doing PT exercises in your sleep?! Also, have a worry about the steep stairs in my old house...visualize myself slipping on the last few (everyone in the family has had a slip before). Guess our minds work out the worries however they can...Then I pray about it too! Makes me feel better knowing I've God in control!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom