THR Fairydell's recovery thread

Hi @Fairydell, I'm so excited for you. You sound so much more like your old self again. I would wait on the hula hoop, if I were you. I didn't do certain things, (like Pilates,) until a year after my surgery. There's so much going on with this healing, and your nerve damage was very extreme. Congratulations on the walking and building your strength. Biking is also excellent. I don't know if you are ready for it yet, but maybe in the future...

Thanks @Layla and @Elf1 Tomorrow I will celebrate my 60th birthday. We had always planned a holiday in Austria for my 60th but the damaged leg has put that on hold till my 61st... Oh well. it could be worse. Hope everyone is recovering... Can I say a big thanks to all the mods... you do a great job checking up on everyone. That must be a huge job for you as the list grows ever longer.

We thank you, dear Fairydell! You've been a joy and a pleasure to catch up with.
A milestone birthday coming right up. Happy Sixtieth!
Wishing you continued healing as the days pass and a year filled with good health, happiness and much love.

A trip to Austria! Now that's something to look forward to. It brings up images of Julie Andrews belting out the Sound of Music in the hills there, lol.
Wishing you a wonderful birthday week!
@Fairydell

Happy to see you pop up today @Fairydell

:loveshwr:Happy 60th Birthday!!! Austria sounds amazing! Have always wanted to visit there. Something to look forward to is good for the soul. Hope you have a great celebration tomorrow. ❤️

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, dear Fairydell
Happy birthday to you
:roseshwr:
Sung soprano... sweetly with perfect pitch
If you could hear my low raspy voice...you would know this is a lie:whistle:

Hope your day is sweet.
Next year's vacation will be well earned.

Thank you all. I have had over a week of celebrating and probably put on a stone in weight.

I can now walk around the house without my crutches and ventured out today with only one crutch... My friends and I went for a lovely 'afternoon tea' at a gorgeous local venue. We finished off with a few games of cards and a few games of dominoes.... That was the last of my birthday celebrations.

@Fairydell Where is Austria will you visit next year. I lived near Lake Constance for two years. Beautiful country! Happy Birthday!

@Jaycey I'm not sure yet. We toured Austria a few years ago. Rode the Glacier Express and the Bernina express. It was a wonderful holiday in some of most stunning scenery I have ever seen. We are waiting to see how my leg improves until we decide for sure where we want to go.

A Belated Happy Birthday!
Sounds like you've had a week of living it up, wild woman! :wink: Congrats on walking around the house unassisted and away from home with only one crutch. You're doing it! :yay:
Wishing you continued progress and a wonderful weekend. :)
@Fairydell

@Fairydell sounds like you had a wonderful birthday week and are no worse for the wear! Awesome news about walking unassisted in the house and the one crutch when out. I'm still a bit nervous with only using my cane when out and about. Not worried about my abilities, worried about the crazy folks in the stores.

Just popping in to say:hi: and that you've been on my mind.
Hope all is still getting easier and please know I'm continuing to send healing vibes.
Happy Tuesday @Fairydell :friends:

I know that things have been a struggle, and I hate that.
But I've been so impressed and amazed with your persistence and hopeful perseverance.
If anyone can get this done. I believe it's you!
Lots of good wishes...:loveshwr:

Happy Five Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and continue to notice progress. We'd love to hear from you when you have time.
Best wishes for all!
@Fairydell

Hi @Layla Thank you for thinking of me. I am getting back to normal at long last. The poorly leg is nowhere near fully healed yet but I refuse to let it stop me. The leg situation has made us re think our garden and we are planning some major changes. Tony and I are in the middle of removing a forty foot long and seven feet high vicious thorn hedge from the garden.. I hack it to bits and chop it all up and he gets to dig the roots. I am sure it has done me the world of good to spend hours and hours every day chopping branches into small bits and filling rubble sacks with it. :) We plan to replace the vicious hedge with a pretty variegated privet which we intend to keep down to about four foot six... it will hopefully be easy to manage.

I hope all my fellow bone smarties are getting better every day. Much love to you all.x

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back