THR Fairydell's recovery thread

Wonderful update @Fairydell So glad you are progressing. Nerves are slow to rebound, but it’s so encouraging that you are more mobile and pain free. Fingers crossed that you are properly healed at the 6 month mark.

I am so happy that he was encouraged by your progress..:)
I too had hoped a more comfortable brace would have been an option but perhaps the one you have is doing what you need it to do and is partly the reason for your quicker than expected progress:shrug:
Hope you have a good weekend @Fairydell :SUNsmile:

Happy Three Month Anniversary :happydance:
What a wonderful update! It's great to read how well you're progressing.Sorry you're disappointed about the brace.
I hope you have a lovely weekend. Stay in touch :wave:
@Fairydell

How are all my healing hippies today? Yesterday I strapped on the leg brace and took a very gentle stroll around the neighbourhood with my friend Kath. :hiking: I was absolutely exhausted when we got back but we did it all again today going even further. I am now resting the leg for a while before ploughing through some housework... oh deep joy... At least I am now managing with one crutch around the house and taking a few very small steps without any aids at all. If it wasn't for the nerve damage I would be absolutely fine but my knee just want to collapse when it gets tired. Hopefully it will be all fixed by Christmas... it will if I have any say in the matter

Oh, so glad to read your update. :roseshwr:

Your resolve to not let this unexpected consequence keep you from your goals has been inspirational.
:yes:
Your update made my day, my friend.

:hi: Happy Wednesday!
I must add that you do have a way of turning lemons into lemonade, Fairydell.
It's great to read about your walks outdoors with your friend, Kath. You're not letting any grass grow under your feet. We're rooting for you and hoping you are exactly where you want to be by Christmas. You are an inspiration. Enjoy the rest of the week!
@Fairydell

I had a session with physio this evening and she was really impressed with my progress. She had spoken to my surgeon the other day and he says that I am going to get really fed up of the whole situation as it will take a long time for the nerve to heal... OH NO 'IM NOT.I am going to learn from it and appreciate all the good things I have in my life.. I will come out of this with a better understanding of disabilities and a more compassionate and patient heart.

he says that I am going to get really fed up of the whole situation as it will take a long time for the nerve to heal... OH NO 'IM NOT.I am going to learn from it and appreciate all the good things I have in my life.. I will come out of this with a better understanding of disabilities and a more compassionate and patient heart.

How inspiring you are and how sweet is your soul.:friends:

Glad to "know" you, our Fairydell

Your words are touching, Fairydell, and so very inspirational.
As difficult as your situation is you are keeping your eye on the prize. While your OS mentioned you'll get impatient with the timeline, at least he's confident the nerves WILL regenerate, giving you the strength and hope to carry on all the while honing virtues.
Bless your heart! :loveshwr:
@Fairydell

Last edited:
Love reading your updates @Fairydell You are doing everything in your power to get moving. Very inspiring to us all. I have a new appreciation for the impact disabilities have on individuals and families. It’s been a huge learning experience to be sure.

Christmas will be so wonderful with complete recovery. You have inspired us all. Happy to see things looking up. ❤️

Oh well done @Fairydell
So pleased you are enjoying life & not letting anything stand in your way.

Anyone who reads your thread and has the same problem will be totally inspired by your attitude...

Keep up the good work & wishing you much more joy in the weeks to come [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask if anyone uses a hula hoop. I had to stop using mine just before the op but my physio lady says that there is no reason not to start using it again. She did say that she has never been asked that question before though. My nurse friend says that she thinks the movement will put too much stress on the new joint at the moment. She says I should give it a few more months. Does anyone have any advice for me.

@Fairydell
I was told no twisting! A hula hoop! don’t know if I could gyrate enough to keep it going.
Hope others can help... hope you have s great weekend hula-hooping or not!! xx[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Fairydell
The best advice would be to speak with your OS about using the hula hoop, not Physio.
I'm sure you could find an answer through a quick phone call.
Your doctor may okay it, but on the chance he wouldn't for a particular reason, you need to know.
It's wonderful to see that you're doing better these days. May it long continue.
Happy Saturday! :wave:

I managed to take a bath without any help today.. That feels like a huge milestone and means I don't need wait until Tony is around to help...… I did get stuck on my son's toilet the other week though. I am used to having a raised seat with the sink on one side and the radiator on the other side. I didn't realise how much I relied on them. My son's toilet is very low and there was nothing to grab a hold of. I had to suffer the indignity of calling my hubby to rescue me. We will chuckle about that forever. Hope everyone is healing well and getting back to normal. xx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back