THR Fairydell's recovery thread

I hope today is a Good Day for you.
Do you feel that leg is getting any stronger or are you still using the brace mostly?
Sending my heartfelt wishes for continued improvement!:flwrysmile:

Do you feel that leg is getting any stronger or are you still using the brace mostly?

I hardly use the brace at all and am managing to get around the house using one crutch. The sleep pattern isn't really a pattern at all but at least I can cope with the discomfort through the night now. I have to use a wheelchair outdoors as I get tired very quickly but I am starting to see tiny improvements in my muscle strength. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment for me. I really do appreciate it. Have a lovely weekend. xxx

@Fairydell It's a good thing to hear that the muscle strength is improving. It may seem slow but everyday it will get stronger. I just remembered your surgery was just April 4th! Not that long ago. You're doing good, maybe even better than you think!

Edit: I just googled the twiddle muffs. I'm going to research that more; my mom is in a nursing home and borderline dementia. Interesting, thank you!

@SE Florida. The twiddle muffs are great for knitting as they don't take any thinking about. They are also wonderful for the recipient as I am told they are very calming.

Attachments

• twiddlemuff.JPG
    twiddlemuff.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 209
Hey Fairydell :wave:
Such progress. Barely using the brace and a better ability to cope overnight has to be encouraging.
I'm happy for you! I hope your weekend is all you want it to be :)
@Fairydell

hi @Layla :wave: The brace is such a nuisance as I can't bend my leg or sit with it on as it digs in the back of my thigh. I have to take it off in the car and then put it back on when I get out. It's easier to use the wheelchair and much less tiring. Today my friend took me for a walk...ahem, I mean a push in a wheelchair... around the local garden centre. Then we drove to the coast and sat and watched the sea for a while before a scenic drive home. It was lovely get out of the house for while.

Glad you got some outside time.
So sweet that you donate the twiddle muffs. A great idea and nice to know someone is finding comfort in your creations.
HugsXXX

Wow , I just read some of your thread and we had our surgeries 2 days apart :egypdance: sounds like you have had a rough go of it . But glad to hear you are doing a little better , I'm still trying to get back to normal:fingersx: I also have been doing a lot of knitting , I'm currently almost finished with a blanket for my granddaughter it's the only thing right now that's keeping me sane:wink:
Sending as many healing vibes as possible your way

Love your twiddle muffs @Fairydell So very thoughtful of you to make them for someone. I am also glad to hear you’re getting out some with friends. Less pain at night is also encouraging. xx

Rest, less pain and an evening out! Fabulous! So pleased @Fairydell.
Glad your hubby loves ferns & hostas... there is something so luscious about them at this time of year... I just bought a new one ‘on line’ called Miss Ruby (after my dog) but it arrived in the post quite the worse for wear... it’s a small green hosta with red pestioles but can hardly tell at the moment... it will need a lot of TLC...!!!
Hope you have an amazing weekend hun & take care... Chrissie xx[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Hoppy Nanny do you watch Gardener's world? There were some beautiful Hostas on Fridays show. I smiled when I read that you bought your based on its name.. we do that too. We love a good garden festival but sadly have had to miss out on this years one's. Hoping my leg is better in time for the Harrogate Autumn flower show. Have a lovely weekend. Cherie. xxx :flwrysmile:

How are all my fellow hipsters? I now have a second wheelchair. I hadn't known just how uncomfortable wheelchairs with small wheels are. They bump over even the tiniest lump on the pavement and shake every bone loose in your body. They also mean that someone needs to push you along so I wanted one with large back wheels. I decided that I would look on Gumtree and see if someone was selling a second hand self propelling one locally. Thankfully there was one for sale at £30 so Tony went over and had a look then bought it for me. I used it last night when we popped into our wood carving club. I got such a lovely warm welcome from all my fellow carvers and it was just so nice to get out for an evening.
Can I apologise to all the new hippies. There are so many of us now since I had my op that it would be impossible to keep up with everyone. I will read your thread but probably won't reply.

It's great to hear from you :wave:
I'll bet it felt good to make it back to your wood carving club and experience the warm welcome.
Hopefully you enjoyed your time there in comfort. Great news on a chair that will offer a smoother ride.

You're right, there's been quite a turnover on the forum since you were around more often. It's ever changing which keeps it fresh and interesting. People heal / recover, then jump back into life...as it should be.

Thanks for stopping by. Please don't be a stranger here, we love to share in your progress.
Hugs :friends:
@Fairydell

Hey there @Fairydell
So pleased to hear of your progress.... the wheelchairs with bigger wheels are so more comfy...love that you were able to get back to wood carving & the good company of others....

I did see Gardeners World & the Hostas.... I like to think they are copying me [emoji23][emoji23]. Yes, we love the garden festivals... hoping to catch up with some of the later ones this year..

It’s lovely to catch up with your progress... please let us know how you get on... it’s great to hear from you. I try & find everybody but get lost around the forum [emoji23][emoji23]

lots of love & hugs .. Chrissie xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Hoppy Nanny I advertised the other one free of charge on gum tree and have had three people ask about it. We are taking it over to a lady who lives about ten minutes from us. Bless her, she was planning on taking a taxi over to pick it up. My hubby is a total sweetheart and wouldn't hear of it.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back