THR Fairydell's recovery thread

Glad that you’ve now got a wheelchair @Fairydell
I couldn’t do without mine ... I take it everywhere... just in case!!!

Sleeping is a pain... it can make a difference to everything ... I’m still not back to a proper sleep pattern even thought I can sleep on either side now.... I remember from my first THR that it takes a while...
Have a good day hun x[emoji3590]Chrissie x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: Good Afternoon! @Fairydell
Recovery does move more quickly than we anticipate it seems.
I'm sorry you're not sleeping better. That's a tough one. I hope you're able to nap during the day at least.
Good news is reading you describe the pain as more of a discomfort these days. At least you're heading in the right direction, so that's progress. :yay:
I'm happy to hear you'll be getting out more. It will be a nice distraction as you continue healing.
I hope you have a lovely rest of the week. Thanks for updating!

Hi @Layla. How is the weather over there? It's a bit grey and cold here and my leg seems to suffer more when it's cold. I am trying not to nap through the day in order that I can sleep at night. It hasn't worked so far but I will persevere and break the waking up habit.

The weather is pleasant here today. Not sunny yet...but it's trying. It's only 8:00 am. We had some really bad storms around 5:00 pm yesterday including a tornado warning close by (within about a half hour distance from me) it never materialized though, thankfully. Everything has finally greened up and potted flowers are appearing on doorsteps once again. We're starting out humid this morning after yesterdays storms, hopefully it dries out as the day progresses. Heading for a high of 80F / 27C. A trip to the garden center may be in order as I need some color around here and the garden center is one of my happy places. :happydance: :flwrysmile:

I've read online before that some people experience pain and stiffness, or can feel changes in the weather after hip surgery. Your own built in barometer! For the first couple years, the bone adapts and grows around the metal prosthesis, and this bone activity probably leads to sensitivity to weather and pressure changes. Interesting for sure.

Hope you're experiencing some sunshine in your area across the pond. :SUNsmile:
@Fairydell

Last edited:
Hi Fairydell, you sure do manage to keep your spirits on the bright side and your glass half full. I'm sure you must have times when all of this is a bit overwhelming to say the least. Having the wheelchair to get out in the fresh air should make a big difference to your mental well being and just help you sleep too. I have my fingers crossed this next medication increase will have you snoozing the nights away!

Hi, hippie friend, glad to hear there is a some improvement to your days if not your nights!
I resort to a sleeping pill every now and then, but thankfully am sleeping better each week, and feeling less discomfort. Sending sleepy vibes from the east coast..............

Hi my hippy buddies. I feel better today than I have in a very long time. There is absolutely no reason why I should as I seriously overdid yesterday trying to paint the siting room wall in my son's house. I came home with a very painful leg and expected a really bad night. I'm pleased to report that I woke a few times but went straight back to sleep after a quick toilet visit. I have had a good vacuum around my own sitting room today. I've been out in the garden dead heading and cutting back. There is a lovely lamb biryani in the slow cooker and I am now elevating my leg as it's nagging a bit. Hope you are all continuing to heal and mend

What a wonderful update! I'm so happy to read how well you're feeling today and especially given the
activity of yesterday. So awesome! :yay: Thank you for sharing. :)
Prayers it's a start, that you're turning a new leaf, that it's the beginning of something good :prayer:
Enjoy the rest of the day @Fairydell
Hugs :friends:

Gosh, your dinner sounds lovely!
So glad to see you so positive and staying active. (Painting?, um...)
My rustic fish and squash chips meal (provided I catch a fish on my trusty Spiderman pole) seems a weak comparison.:unsure:
I think of you often and love to come by and hear good things...like you are still resting better!
Hugs to you:angel:

Yes... yes... yes.... !!! been waiting for good news & here you are giving it to us @Fairydell

So pleased... you sound like your optimism is back!!

Don’t like the sound of the painting though [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Could I pop over... ? love lamb biriyani.. is there enough??

Take care now! Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just wondering how you were doing, and I found this lovely update from you! I'm so glad! :loveshwr:

Don't get too carried away with painting. Before you kniw it, you'll be expected to do chores! Hugs to you, @Fairydell

Echoing everyone's happiness that you're starting to rest better!
:loveshwr:

Thank you all for your lovely messages. It lifts my spirits every time I read them. Slept like a log till 05:10 and almost feel fantastic… almost. I currently have the TENS machine on my leg as it is grumbling a bit. Nothing major and nothing like the horrendous pain of the past. Dare I say that I am starting to feel normal again. Fingers crossed that this will last. I have been having a little play with my crafting stuff this weekend. They will look pretty in a vase with some paper flowers

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
:loveshwr:Wow! Wonderful to hear you are feeling better and sleeping better!! The news we’ve all been hoping and praying for.

almost feel fantastic… almost.

Best news of the day! :yay: :happydance:
Pretty crafts! It's great you're feeling up to engaging again in something you love.
May it only get better. Happy Monday!
@Fairydell

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie