THR Fairydell's recovery thread

I managed a little dead heading but realised I was breaking the 90 degree restriction so gave up and just supervised Tony doing it when he came home from work

They do have gardening tools for disabled people. I'm sure just longer tools that can be used with greater ease of the hands. You may not be interested because I'm sure you'll soon be able to dig in. However, as we're all aging, some of these items may never go to waste, basically coming in handy again at some point. Not a pleasant thought but it's reality. You may want to invest in a tool, or tools that will allow you to engage in something you're missing. Just a thought...
A great evening to you, over yonder, across the deep blue sea :wave:
@Fairydell

I hope you are icing it up!:ice:
Has your friend had a hip replaced?
If not, ignore all advice.
If so, ignore all advice.:)

Hugs my friend!:friends:

I'll concentrate on the "not waking up in pain". That must have felt wonderful after all you are coping with!
I was SO tempted yesterday to walk beyond what I felt comfortable with to hit a mark on my activity tracker. I stumbled a tiny bit just as I was about to walk past our house so got hauled in by my guard :)

:hi: @Fairydell
Hoping you are moving out of the ODIC and maybe getting some rest?
Just wanted to wish you a happy Sunday!:flwrysmile:

Hi @Fairydell :wave: How are you doing now.........are you able to get outside to your garden, enjoying the weather? Hope all is doing much better for you now! :flwrysmile:

Hi @SE Florida I managed three solid hours of sleep the night before last. I was stunned when I looked at the clock. Now I am back to just about snatching an hour at a time. I have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon but doubt he can tell me anything I don't already know.
How are things with you? Are you getting back to normal now

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad you have an appt today with your surgeon, maybe he can finally give you some hope!

Hi @Fairydell, good to hear from you, and sorry you're still sleeping badly :zzz:
I seem to go from resting and sleeping quite well, to waking hourly, without any rhyme or reason :alarm:.

It doesn't seem to matter what I have done before bed, or how tired I feel - I was just the same b4 surgery so it must be 'normal', but, heck, it is frustrating.....................
Wishing you a restful day................

Sorry you continue to struggle with broken sleep, @Fairydell
Hopefully a nice long nap is in your future...like today :sleep:
Good luck with your appt today. Let us know how it goes.
Wishing you a peaceful day and weekend!

Hi everyone. I saw the surgeon and he confirmed my fears. The pain will continue while the nerves repair and that could take six to nine months. He has booked another appointment for six weeks time but doesn't expect to see much improvement at that stage. He suggested that I double the dose of the nerve blocker but I am reluctant to do that as the lower dose makes me really groggy. I think I will just continue the way I am unless the pain gets worse and is unbearable. Have a lovely weekend everyone... We have the 'Radio One Big Party' taking place in the park just along the road from where I live. 31,000 people are expected on both Saturday and Sunday with nine thousand tomorrow night. I think it is fantastic for the town.

That is disappointing news from the surgeon. I honestly can't fathom dealing with what you are. Incredibly brave that you keep your spirits up and continue to find bright spots in your days. I think if I was warned I could have the nerve damage you have for 9 months, I would still opt for the surgery but definitely not with the same enthusiasm.

That Radio One event is huge a huge event - I guess at least you might hear some music while you're awake at night.

@Fairydell so sorry you're still having to deal with the nerve pain. Hopefully it doesn't take that long for the nerves to heal. Wishing a restful weekend and as @Carriemay60 says, maybe you'll get to hear some awesome music.
:console2:

What a fun event and to be so close. Really hope you start seeing improvements. My sleep is still very broken. It’s annoying. Feel terrible that you are going through this. Sending ❤️

It must have been disappointing to hear that it could take longer to heal those nerves....I really feel for you @Fairydell
together with lack of sleep it must be hard to deal with...
it’s something they tell you about but you hope it won’t happen.

I can understand not taking a higher dose of medication ... it doesn’t sit well with everyone.

Hoping sleep finds you soon & that you enjoy some fab music from the Radio One event...

Take care.. Chrissie x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hi: I have been thinking of you and sending healing vibes your way.

I know this is not the recovery journey you signed up for but I hope you stay the course so that although delayed, your happy ending can happen!
He has booked another appointment for six weeks time but doesn't expect to see much improvement at that stage
Hope this proves to be wrong.
I've read you will want to avoid tight clothing and not even sit too much as both can cause compression. I know moving about proves tough but I think you are ever so right to keep walking even with the brace when possible.
Do take care as you don't want to have an injury to that leg that could possibly go unnoticed with the lack of sensation.
I know you are trying everything you can to keep positive. That will prove to be the best thing to get to the finish line.
Hugs friend!:friends:

Today I have seen the lovely lady GP at the practice. She had obviously read my notes and knew what had happened. My nerve blockers dosage has been doubled and I have sleeping pills to take. I was advised to keep them for when I really am exhausted and not just to take one each night... That suits me very well as I really don't like taking medication. She is going to ring me next Wednesday to see how I am getting on. I left the surgery feeling that at last I will get some relief from the pain. Tomorrow I may well be refreshed enough to do a little crafting...……. fingers crossed

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom