THR Fairydell's recovery thread

Hi @Fairydell
I suffered from what were said to be "nerve pains" in my legs a few years ago. I had no problems in the day, but was in agony at night and was getting no sleep. My GP prescribed the lowest dose of amitripytiline and it did work. I was warned about feeling groggy, but I was fine. I took it for about a month or so, then forgot to take it several times and realised I no longer needed it! I also have a friend who has been taking it successfully for sleep for about 6 months with no ill effects.
I would also strongly recommend magnesium.

Perhaps if you try the new meds, they will offer some relief. I wish I had some words of wisdom but I can only wish you a restful night........hopefully including sleep. :console2:

Hope the nerve blocker works and you get some much needed sleep.
:fingersx:

Well I have had two hours sleep and am currently listening to bed time stories on an Ap my son downloaded. My leg pain is bad but not as evil as it has been. I can cope with this level of pain so fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse. I have only had one pill so it is far too soon to expect it to work yet. I'm on the sofa tonight as I just couldn't face laying awake in agony in bed. I had decided I would watch tv through the night but haven't needed to yet.

I had terrible insomnia in early menopause. I used to put Pachabel on continuous repeat. Only way I could sleep

Good morning, @Fairydell . I hope you had a restful night and your new meds gave you some relief. I am up far earlier than I wanted but honestly, just couldn't lie there any longer. Sometimes I just need to move.

Wishing you a peaceful day. :console2:

I took my first nerve blocker at 7pm last night and decided that if I slept on the sofa I would be able to watch the tv or listen to some music. The pain was probably no less than it has been but I was certainly able to take my mind off of it to a much greater extent. Alexander installed one of his subscriptions on my lap top. It is from Calm.com and has meditation, music, bedtime stories etc on it. I don't know whether the anti depressant effect of the nerve blocker has worked quickly or whether the meditation ap has calmed me down but I certainly feel that my mood has lifted. I feel sleepy tired rather than the brain numbing exhaustion that has dragged down my mood. My plan for today is to sleep as much as I possibly can in the hope that my body can get on with the job of repairing itself. I will let you know tomorrow how I am feeling. Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. I really am lifted in spirit to read them

So glad you are getting some rest a bit of peace of mind.
I wish that you didn't have this complication going on..but continued prayers for healing!:praying:

I am definitely feeling a bit better today....I enjoyed a little sewing session this afternoon. I made myself a little patchwork make up bag. Its padded with a bit of quilt wadding and I might add a few beads... But then again I might not.

IMG_0001.JPG

Pretty colors. You're definitely talented @Fairydell
It's good you have something to engage in that you enjoy. Hopefully it serves as a distraction at times from the ongoing pain.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort and a peaceful weekend. :friends:

I've been reading the awful potential side effects of the nerve blocker... I must say it worries me. This really is not how I viewed my recovery.
What is the name of the nerve blocker, @Fairydell, and how much has been prescribed?

Almost all drugs have side effects. Just because those are listed it doesn't mean they're common, or that they will affect you.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts