THR Fairydell's recovery thread

This lack of sleep is killing isn't it?

It's the hardest thing to cope with. I am used to having very little sleep as I am the original early bird and never needed much sleep before all this hip hoo hah. It's one thing to wake naturally and feel refreshed after four or five hours but a totally different thing to wake constantly in pain and discomfort. Hope you have had a good day. x

They are sooooo pretty, @Fairydell. I while away the hours making 'twiddle-muffs' for dementia patients, using wool I pick up at charity shops :flwrysmile:
muffs.jpg

Oh jeez!! I hope the lavender oil helps - great idea using the flowers as a potpourri base!
@mollymum I love your twiddle muffs! I got all the materials to make my Auntie a "fidget lap quilt" but sadly she passed far too soon for me to even get going on it.

They look beautiful. A friend asked me to knit a couple a few years ago. One became two and by the time I had finished I made two dozen of them for our local hospital fund raising group... I had such fun knitting tiny bears/mice/birds and dolls to sew inside. It's nice to be able to use our skills to benefit someone else isn't it.

I have a gallery over on the docrafts forum which might interest you. I've been crafting forever and am a total craftoholic https://www.docrafts.com/Members/Cherie/Projects

I have just got details for making octopus for premature babies. Apparently the tentacles resemble the cord and it gives the babies comfort. Because they are for very vulnerable babies there are specific rules to follow on how they are made and they must be 100% hypo allergenic cotton so that they can be hot washed.
Just working out which yarn to buy.

I have just got details for making octopus for premature babies. Apparently the tentacles resemble the cord and it gives the babies comfort. Because they are for very vulnerable babies there are specific rules to follow on how they are made and they must be 100% hypo allergenic cotton so that they can be hot washed.
Just working out which yarn to buy.

They look beautiful. A friend asked me to knit a couple a few years ago. One became two and by the time I had finished I made two dozen of them for our local hospital fund raising group... I had such fun knitting tiny bears/mice/birds and dolls to sew inside. It's nice to be able to use our skills to benefit someone else isn't it.

I have a gallery over on the docrafts forum which might interest you. I've been crafting forever and am a total craftoholic https://www.docrafts.com/Members/Cherie/Projects

Thanks Fairydell, you are super talented!!

Why oh why does the pain have to come at night. I have had yet another awful night and yet throughout the day I hardly noticed any pain at all. Yesterday I put my brace on and pottered about the house a bit. When Tony came home I climbed onto my exercise bike and did ten turns of the pedal. I figure that even though my right leg is doing none of the work at least it must be feeling a bit of muscle use.

Wow, @Fairydell
I have just been looking at all your crafts. Its surprising that you find any time to sleep at all :loll:
You have made some beautiful things and they all look so professional.

Its not even 4 weeks since you had your op so don't get disheartened. I think it was round about that time that I started to feel a bit more myself after my first hip op. You have had more to contend with than I did so don't expect miracles just yet, but hopefully it will be just around the corner.

Hi my friend! I think the flowers are amazing and beautiful. I don't have any craft talent so my long nights were super unproductive.
I know how long you have been sleep deprived pre-op (I suffered the same)
So I do hope you are at least napping when possible.
When do you go back to OS? Do you think your pain is being managed well?
Do discuss it with him...these are still early days but I'm hoping you can get some sleep and lose the brace at some point.

I have a tiny little progress to report... I was sitting having a sponge bath in the bathroom this morning when suddenly I realised that I could lift my leg off the floor. I have strong pins and needles in my entire leg today so I am hoping that the nerves are starting to fire up... I can cope with it all if I see signs of progress.

Wonderful :egypdance:and reassuring for you I'm sure!
I had lots of weird nerve sensations too.
Hopefully all will settle soon!
Keep the faith, @Fairydell :yes:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member