JusticeRider
Insider
- Joined
- Aug 31, 2022
- Messages
- 850
- Age
- 48
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Hi Sammy-Am! Sorry you’re dealing with tendinitis. It is very early in your recovery, so do take heart that many different issues that are cropping up now will probably resolve with time and patience.
When I had my second FAI surgery, my surgeon warned me of the possibility of tendinitis. Apparently it’s pretty common after this surgery. She said to really go easy with straight leg raises in particular and to not do too many or with too much weight. If the hip started tightening up, back off of them completely until it settled down.
She also recommended using an upright stationary bike instead of a recumbent bike (apparently less stress on the hip flexors). And she instructed me to lay on my stomach for at least ten minutes a couple times each day (forever!). I don’t know if any of these apply to you, but I thought I’d share
Hope your healing journey gets better and better!
When I had my second FAI surgery, my surgeon warned me of the possibility of tendinitis. Apparently it’s pretty common after this surgery. She said to really go easy with straight leg raises in particular and to not do too many or with too much weight. If the hip started tightening up, back off of them completely until it settled down.
She also recommended using an upright stationary bike instead of a recumbent bike (apparently less stress on the hip flexors). And she instructed me to lay on my stomach for at least ten minutes a couple times each day (forever!). I don’t know if any of these apply to you, but I thought I’d share
I’ll be working in a school as a teacher’s aide, so no more long hours of sitting in front of a computer screen. Luckily for me, my hip has been very happy with long periods of sitting—it’s the getting up from the chair part and walking that’s a little more iffy. I was able to walk about 20 minutes at the mall comfortably this last weekend and I had a few instances of my hip “locking” this morning after sitting, but overall not too bad.



It’s hard enough to have to get used to the idea yourself, isn’t it?
