FAI Surgery—Round Two!

Sammy-Am

Country
United States United States
Hi Friends,

The day is almost here! After postponing my surgery in March, I’m scheduled to have my second FAI surgery this Tuesday, June 6th! :shocked:

I had surgery on my left hip on July 15th 2022 and that surgery was complex to say the least! As my surgeon put it, my scope was a complete gut job! I had my labrum repaired, cam and pincer deformities resolved, and an alarming amount of synovitis that had to be respected. Luckily though, at almost a year post-op, I’m feeling good! My pain is dramatically diminished and the function of my hip is SO MUCH better than pre-surgery!

My right hip has never been as bad in comparison to my left. We originally opted for the MRI because I was having very painful “popping” in my hip. As the months went on, the pain gradually increased and my hip would continuously get stuck on me. I would stand up from a chair, step into the shower, or just walk and it felt like my hip wouldn’t want to move, like I was dragging my hip behind me.

My symptoms have gotten better with physical therapy, but I still have a great deal of trouble moving my hip without pain. I’ve developed a nasty case of both adductor and hamstring tendinitis on my left side, just because my right hip doesn’t want to move.

A couple of days out from surgery and I’m feeling pretty good. Honestly, all the muscle tightness in my left hip is driving me the most crazy, while my right hip has been sitting pretty pretending that we don’t need surgery :bored::angel:.

I’m beyond excited to get this next hip DONE! I can’t wait to get back to yoga and the gym and give both my hips the proper rehab they deserve!

I’m just trying to mentally prepare myself for the recovery phase. I had a nasty reaction to anesthesia when I had my last hip done (extreme headache and nausea, dry heaving, and vertigo for a few days post op), and I loathe my crutches staring me down from across the room LOL!

I’ll be on my own this go-around and have plenty of books and Netflix to keep me entertained. I’ll be off of work for two weeks and will relish in cabin fever while I’m banned from driving—yay me!

I know the pup will be more than happy to keep me company and I’m beyond excited to use my new grabber tool that I got on Amazon (it really is the little things!) :giggle:

Thanks for reading and I’ll be sure to post on the recovery thread when I’m on the other side.

:loveshwr:

Good luck tomorrow Sammy! So excited for you to have two healthy hips! And now that you have done the recovery once already, you’ll know what to do :ok:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts