Lounge Doctor

THR Ezzie's Second Hip Replacement

Ezzie

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone! I’m scheduled for a THR of my left hip on June 22. I‘m 4 months post op for my right hip. Things are going well with my new right hip but I’m still pretty sore because of my bone on bone situation on the left. I still can’t do much walking but I’m back to doing my weight training and whatever other yoga and Pilates I can manage. I’ve spent a lot of time reading through the forum and I feel much better prepared for surgery #2. I went into the first one pretty blind. Like a lot of people on here, I thought I’d be in the pink in a few weeks. It’s been really helpful to have the guidance from this site on being patient and letting yourself heal. So I will have more realistic expectations this time around.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @Ezzie - and :welome:

I've copied your post, above, from the June Sunbeams and started a pre-op thread for you, so we can talk to you and advise you before your surgery.

You will already have picked up a few tips from reading BoneSmart when your first hip was replaced.

Here are some articles to help you prepare for the second replacement.

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

Raftin21

Country
Hi! I had my first hip replacement Feb 1st and getting ready to have my second May 17th. I can say I am ready and totally not ready at the same time! My replacement is doing great, but like you my other hip is painful and bone on bone. I agree with you that I did not know what I was in for on the first one and feel better prepared for the second, but still nervous. Best of luck to you!

Yoli

Country
Mexico Mexico
Hi everyone! I’m scheduled for a THR of my left hip on June 22. I‘m 4 months post op for my right hip.
Wow Ezzie, there is a strong possibility I may also have to get my left hip replaced. I am getting my right hip done in mid-june (it will be my first). How have you been feeling post-op?

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Happy Four Month Anniversary, Ezzie.
Not long now until you’re a double hippy. I wish you comfort as you wait out the next several weeks. I hope this week is a good one!
@Ezzie

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Joybeth
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom