THR Tweb's Hip Recovery

:wave:Well, I'm a bilateral hippy who begrudgingly had to become a backsleeper for over a year after my surgeries.:umm:
One side improved with the sensitivity and soreness a bit quicker and many find a comfy long body pillow can help.
I saw alot of improvement with it up through my second year postop.
Many issues I started to thing would be "collateral damage" also continued to improve and even resolve
Including the sleeping on my side:sleeep:

Hi @Tweb, sorry to hear you are struggling with sleeping on your replaced hip side.
I had both hips done 10 weeks ago and can honestly say I am quite happy laying on either side but slight discomfort turning over, possibly I have a bit more padding on my hips.
Look after yourself.

@Tweb I definitely feel your pain. Been just over two years for me and I still get pain when sleeping on op side, which of course is my preferred side to sleep! :heehee:

Wish I had some tips for you. All I can say is keep trying a little at a time. I know at one time, early on, I used to put a small travel pillow under that thigh when I was laying on it, helped slightly. I'm not sure if mine actually has anything to do with the replacement or if it's spine, SI joint or other issues. If you find something let me know!

I have one of those little heart shaped pillows (kinda) that fits nicely between my thighs to keep the top hip from collapsing down but obviously it doesn’t really help with the operated hip when laying in it. I am able to lay on it for a short period of time in yoga. I think I may try to find one of those donut shaped seat cushions that isn’t too firm and see if that will help. I will let you know if it does!

I had my rt anterior hip surgery about a week later than you, I think. I am not comfortable sleeping on the operated side, but can sleep on the left side or back. I was told by my os that it was okay to sleep on it at about three months, though.

Has anyone ever heard of or tried “cold” laser therapy? ( aka Low level laser therapy) for chronic pain issues?

Cold laser can help with pain and lowering inflammation, it works well for some people.
Who is suggesting cold laser?

@Tweb I had cold laser for foot problems years ago. Worked for me.

@Tweb
Let us know if you’d like your thread title changed in an effort to obtain greater response.
“Experience with Cold Laser Therapy, anyone?“ Or something similar?

@Pumpkin. Someone I met was telling me she had tried it and how much it had helped her. I had never heard of it! I’ve had two treatments so far and maybe some relief however the chiropractor I went to said the average seems to be about 4 treatments before you feel relief.

Glad you are benefiting from the Cold Laser, hopefully you will feel even better after a few more treatments.

Best Wishes, I hope you begin feeling a positive effect soon.
Stay in touch and let us know how it’s going.
Happy Friday!
@Tweb

Hello fellow hippies! Looks like I’ll be a double hippie within the year. Left hip “looks almost identical to right one before it was replaced “ per the surgeon. Hospitals in the area have stopped elective surgeries for now due to COVID so got an injection and will go back in January and look at possibilities then. In the meantime I continue to walk, teach yoga and indoor cycling and looking at adding TRX to prehab as much as possible. The injection is doing its job for now so that’s good. Have a great day!!

Hello Tweb,
Sorry you have to go through surgery and recovery again, but as we know it’s worth it in the end to lose the pain, re-gain mobility and engage in life comfortably. Good to hear the injection is working for you and hopefully once January rolls around you’ll be able to schedule a date for your left hip. Keep us posted.
A lovely Autumn season to you! :)
@Tweb

Hello bonesmart friends! Update. Left hip
Looks almost identical to right one before it was replaced per the surgeon. Got cortisone injection 9/23. Returning to surgeon early January to either get another or schedule surgery. Will need to wait and see status of hospitals and elective surgeries at that
Point before we schedule do you Covid. I’m the meantime trying to manage pain and stay active as much as possible up until then. I’m looking at hiring a trainer to help me focus on best pre hab exercises to achieve best possible outcome. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Thanks for stopping by to share an update. Sorry you have to struggle with pain. I hope once January rolls around you’re able to get scheduled for surgery, shortly thereafter.
Wishing you comfort as you wait. Stay in touch. :)
@Tweb

LATHR scheduled for May 10th! Got another steroid injection which will help for a little while. Surgeon said I’m doing all the right things to strengthen my hip to prepare for surgery. Also still working to strengthen right hip. He showed me X-ray of left hip from 2 years ago compared to now and boy oh boy now I know for sure it’s not “just in my head”. The change was pretty dramatic.

Hi Tweb,
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your surgery date. I hope you’re able to remain relatively comfortable and mobile up until your date. You know we‘ll be here cheering you on when the time comes. Stay in touch! :)
@Tweb

:wave: @Tweb
Looks like lefty will be done almost exactly 2 years from righty.
We will be here to cheer you on as you join the double hippy club.:dancy:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom