Lounge Doctor

THR Experience with Cold Laser Therapy, anyone?

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
:wave:Well, I'm a bilateral hippy who begrudgingly had to become a backsleeper for over a year after my surgeries.:umm:
One side improved with the sensitivity and soreness a bit quicker and many find a comfy long body pillow can help.
I saw alot of improvement with it up through my second year postop.
Many issues I started to thing would be "collateral damage" also continued to improve and even resolve
Including the sleeping on my side:sleeep:

Wyn wombat

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @Tweb, sorry to hear you are struggling with sleeping on your replaced hip side.
I had both hips done 10 weeks ago and can honestly say I am quite happy laying on either side but slight discomfort turning over, possibly I have a bit more padding on my hips.
Look after yourself.

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Tweb I definitely feel your pain. Been just over two years for me and I still get pain when sleeping on op side, which of course is my preferred side to sleep! :heehee:

Wish I had some tips for you. All I can say is keep trying a little at a time. I know at one time, early on, I used to put a small travel pillow under that thigh when I was laying on it, helped slightly. I'm not sure if mine actually has anything to do with the replacement or if it's spine, SI joint or other issues. If you find something let me know!

OP
OP
T

Tweb

Country
I have one of those little heart shaped pillows (kinda) that fits nicely between my thighs to keep the top hip from collapsing down but obviously it doesn’t really help with the operated hip when laying in it. I am able to lay on it for a short period of time in yoga. I think I may try to find one of those donut shaped seat cushions that isn’t too firm and see if that will help. I will let you know if it does!

HelenaM

Country
I had my rt anterior hip surgery about a week later than you, I think. I am not comfortable sleeping on the operated side, but can sleep on the left side or back. I was told by my os that it was okay to sleep on it at about three months, though.

OP
OP
T

Tweb

Country
Has anyone ever heard of or tried “cold” laser therapy? ( aka Low level laser therapy) for chronic pain issues?

Pumpkin

Country
Cold laser can help with pain and lowering inflammation, it works well for some people.
Who is suggesting cold laser?

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Tweb I had cold laser for foot problems years ago. Worked for me.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
@Tweb
Let us know if you’d like your thread title changed in an effort to obtain greater response.
“Experience with Cold Laser Therapy, anyone?“ Or something similar?

OP
OP
T

Tweb

Country
@Pumpkin. Someone I met was telling me she had tried it and how much it had helped her. I had never heard of it! I’ve had two treatments so far and maybe some relief however the chiropractor I went to said the average seems to be about 4 treatments before you feel relief.

Pumpkin

Country
Glad you are benefiting from the Cold Laser, hopefully you will feel even better after a few more treatments.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Country
Best Wishes, I hope you begin feeling a positive effect soon.
Stay in touch and let us know how it’s going.
Happy Friday!
@Tweb

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
FunctionIsFun