TKR Ensure - healthier alternative?

Alibry

Country
United States United States
I can't have corn, which is a main ingredient in Ensure, along with other chemicals that aren't so good for you. Has anyone found a healthier alternative or made their own?

Hello Alibry :wave:
I've read a few of the questions you've asked here on the forum and I am wondering if you have a TKR scheduled at this point? If so, please share the date so we're able to create a signature for you. We'd love to get to know you better if you have any history with your knees you'd like to share with us.

A suggestion - try making your own protein smoothie by blending regular or non dairy milk with some protein powder. You can blend in fruits, veggies, greek yogurt tailoring it toward what you find palatable.
Have a great rest of the week!
@Alibry

I was given something to drink before surgery. I don't remember if it was Ensure. If this is the purpose of the Ensure, be sure to talk to your doctor about making any substitute. I suspect that you need to have an empty stomach at the time of surgery and other beverages may not empty from the stomach quickly enough.

Check ingredients in Carnation Instant Breakfast. We were told it was pretty equivalent to tube feedings. My dad could tolerate that and Mom even made shakes with ice cream added in and blended

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JasminDickson
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom