Encouragement

Cocomart

Country
United States United States
Hi, I joined the group because I will be having TKR in March. But having THR in 2013. I would like to send a little encouragement to anyone about to have it. It was a very easy recovering for me. I had surgery one day, and went home the next. And no therapy except recliner therapy. Along with ice. I know everyone is different. But the only pain I had was a burning sensation in my thigh when I would lift my leg into bed. If you have any question ask away, I might be able to help.

So cool it went so well. Must help you in getting ready for knee!

Mammat I think it may be harder from what I have been told with the knee, plus I waited way to long. Probably a longer road for the knee. But I'm ready.

Thank you for your encouragement @Cocomart.....it's always comforting to know of the success stories. I hope your knee op is equally smooth. I have an older friend (83) who has just had her horrendously damaged knee replaced, and I am amazed how well she is recovering, especially having read that knees tend to be a bit more work.

Hi, I am 10days after THR and am off almost all meds ( except for tylenol) a couple of times a day. I am getting around really well on crutches and walker in the house because it is more convenient for carrying things. Very happy so far with my recovery. I am interested in you mentioning that you had no therapy except for rest and ice. How soon were you walking outside? Also was not having physio a personal choice? I have an appointment next week and have mixed feelings because I hear good and bad. Also near walking is all we need. I really appreciate you giving your time to all of us newbies! Thank you!

Thank you for the encouragement!!!!There are sooo many ignorant people out there...telling me that I will need help going to the toilet...not likely!

I had bilateral and it was only a couple of times I did want someone near me as I got to the bathroom. Managed fine once I was there.

Hi lululucy, im 21 days post TRHR and i have been given no physio appointments. My only follow up is my Post Op appointment on 8 January. I dont feel i need any extra help, as they say here on Bonesmart walking is the key to recovery.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Recliner exercises where taught to me the day after surgery. What they consist of is reclining in the recliner. ( setting up position) and sliding the hip replacement leg out to the side, hold and slide back. At first I could not lift my leg but when I could, I lifted it 3 to 4 inches off the recliner leg support. I also had to do leg lifts. At first the leg would not come up. But eventually it did. I would lift and hold. Strighting the upper leg muscle. Along with ankle pumps for circulations. And getting up every hour and walking around the house. And ice. Hope that makes sense.

Hahaha! :rotfl:
I thought by "recliner therapy" you were joking that lying in the recliner was your therapy.
I get it now....I did the same type of exercises in my recliner during early days of recovery also.
It's wonderful you had a great experience and thanks for your willingness to uplift and share.
Wishing you the best with your TKR and also a :merry christmas:
@Cocomart

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
corvettejanie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom