Encouragement needed badly....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when the fear will turn to excitement?
I think you misunderstood that analogy, Dewey. The interpretation is that there is very little physiological difference between anxiety and excitement. Which way you interpret it is a choice - the negative or the positive. It's up to you right now! :wink:

Yes, you can do it! And you will do it! Can't wait to hear how you are on post-op side! Lots of prayers and hugs coming your way!

Dewey - we are all here and rooting for you. We know the tension you are feeling, but as Josephine said, look to the positive - that horrible, grinding bone on bone will be a thing of the past. There will be some pain for a while - but you will have appropriate medications to deal well with it. And it will be NOTHING like what you have been dealing with so long. And you will be on your way to a much more pleasant lifestyle. Go see some funny movies this weekend and relax! After each of my surgeries, I came home, but then, my husband is retired and took wonderful care of me. :spin:

Well, it's my last night in the hospital where I have been staying with my partner aka ruffian, who just had her TKR on Wed. She's doing great, getting up and around one her own (with a walker) and her pain is well managed. I believe she said something about it being a lovely day. We both have felt that getting our knees done has been a good experience. Go figure. :tada:

Ok, Josephine.....I'm going with the Positive!!! I am truly tired (REALLY TIRED!) of this constant pain and walking like I'm 90 years old! I WANT MY LIFE BACK! I want to be able to do things that I want to do without even thinking of my knees!

I know I have some rough days ahead of me, but I'm going to try hard to look to the future and my hopes of regaining my life. Those thoughts alone can get me through anything! I want to walk on the beach again, and be able to play with my future grandchildren! Those dreams will make this happen!

I can do this, and I will do it the best way I can! I'm so very glad to have you fine people here at Bonesmart to help me along the road to recovery. Thanks, in advance, for all of the help you will offer me in the next days, weeks, and months!

Hi Dewey,
Hope your weekend is going well. Well be thinking about you on Monday morning. Let us all know how you get on whenever you can.
I have a date now, 2nd March. I will be watching for your words of wisdom.
Just think, when I have my TKR you will be 5 weeks post op and getting back to normal,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:

That's the spirit Dewey! Your OS will only do half the work and the other half is all up to you. So with the spirit that you are exhibiting now, I am sure that things will all work out well for you. Good luck!

Hello Dewey! I will be thinking of you and sending prayers up and positive thoughts out to you on Monday. I'm new to Bonesmart...and facing BTKR on Feb. 28th. I've just read through your entire thread...of your anxiety...and everyone's wonderful posts of encouragement. I have been feeling the same as you...we're talking extreme anxiety. But I'm also the same as you in that I am so tired of being in such constant pain. Today we went on a tour of the college my son will be attending in the fall. I say "we"...but my husband and son went on the tour and I sat in a chair in one of the buildings reading my book because I couldn't do the walking tour with everyone else. I was in tears..from the pain...and the frustration of not being able to walk. Hang in there...and please keep us posted of your progress. Hugs!!!

Oh, Pamx2, I know just how that feels! I'm happy to say, though, that today is my last bone-on-bone pain day! (Atleast for my right knee!) I'm scared and really nervous about tomorrow, but I'm happy that from tomorrow on my knee will just get better and better! Once I get the left one done in 6 to 8 weeks, I'll be as good as new! You will be, too! I'll be back to give you lots of encouragement and support when it's "your turn".

Thanks to you all for your sweet, encouraging words the past few weeks! I've now started my post-op thread called "Dewey Did It #1". I'm hoping to be back with my first few days account just as soon as I'm able! This site has helped me so, so, so much, and I plan to help those of you in waiting now.

Take care, all!

Dewey---thoughts and prayers going out to you on your big day---tomorrow! you will soon be on the "other side"! Post back when you are able and up to it---let us know how things are going, how you are feeling, and how things went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie