PKR Emotional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 6 months out and started feeling pretty good at the 5 month mark. Now 6 months out I'm having swelling and stiffness. Last night I realized that it's probably do to putting to much pressure on my knee during sex. My wife isn't really good at being on top so I feel like I need to decide sex and a swollen knee or no sex? Or would it help to wrap it in an ace bandage?

When I heard everyone asking about "kneeling", I thought what a nice bunch of folks.
They can't wait to get to church :rotfl: :loll:I am not laughing about your question ( & do hope you get answers)
I am laughing about being so naive.
Carry On :wink:
Diana :flwrysmile:

Diane, :rotfl: you are just too funny.

I have knelt on the good knee trying to keep the weight off my TKR knee. It has been ok. I am 5 months out. Maybe a really soft pillow under your TKR knee and trying to bear most of your weight on the other knee if that is possible.

Hello 60mom,
I hope you are doing well with your recovery. I am having LTKR on June 3rd :)
I don't think I will have the need to kneel at "any" time :rotfl:in the future. But, If the need arises I will be well informed, Thanks to my fellow "Bonesmarties" :wink:
Carry On !!!!
Diana
This little fella is doing well...... :bow:

That second answer was really for Rambo but then I realized what works for a girl won't work for the guy, :loll:

Diana, so funny! Right, why the hell are we trying to kneel?? I must say it comes in handy when gardening. But otherwise?

Thanks Lin for this thread! One of my major concerns regarding surgery has been my sex life - I too am a newlywed at 58, though (due to prior knee issues) I haven't knelt for sex in years. I'm now four weeks out from BTKR - so there is no "good leg" to work with. :yes: Still, even doing it missionary style isn't happening yet (that whole legs-up scenario). To some degree, moving my legs while lying down is still sort of like moving dead logs.

I know that resuming sex completely depends on my ability to try it...but boy are my husband and I missing it. Any info from others who have had both knees done on a general timeline?

My surgery date was 2/14/2013. I am 3 months out from a partial knee implant. There was an exercise that my PT asked me to do. The exercise is to hold your surgery leg straight up which I can do with no problem. BUT you are suppose to bend your knee down while your leg is up in the air. Seeing what my healthy leg is able to do I realize how little of this exercise I can NOT DO. I can only bend it in this postion just a little ways. I can feel what feels like gears clicking when I try and do it. I get the knee to a certain point and straighten it back out with lots of ooh and ahs and a sharp pain. My last ROM was 120 about 3 weeks ago. I am wondering if my inablity to squat, get down and up off the floor and kneel has to do with not being able to do this excercise. Does anyone know if squatting, kneeling, getting down on the floor or grass evently happens and how soon? I am walking okay but a with a bit of sweeling and stiffness. There is an awareness of my kneee when I walk but I hope at some time I will be able to walk without being aware of my knees. I am working part time until June when I go back to work full time (almost into my 4th month). I am feeling concerned and discouraged. Lin

I had my surgery on 2/14/2013 on my right leg. I am afraid to drive. I am still taking Hydrocodone 5mg every 8 hours. My surgery is on my right knee. I am not feeling confident about driving. To tell the truth I never liked driving much. My work place is 1 1/2 miles away.

How did other "right leggers" handle driving?
When?
Lin

I had both my knees replaced at the same time and was driving at 8 weeks. I could have done it sooner, but like you I didn't feel comfortable.

I was driving within 7 weeks, I just had my husband take me to an empty parking lot so I could pratice all different things, hard stop fast trun ect. after doing this for a little bit I felt ready to hit the streets. good luck.

I was driving both a standard shift Pickup and 6 speed sports car @ 2 weeks. But everybody is different!
Do what's comfortable for you. When you are ready.....you'll drive.

My doctors orders were not to drive till 8 wks if it was the right knee. I did the same as detazlady I went to a parking lot and practiced driving till I felt I was strong enough not to have any issues. Been driving since at no problems at all. Once you practice you will get your confidence back.

Hi, I was told I could drive at 4 weeks but I didn't feel comfortable. First I just sat in the car in the garage and moved my leg from brake to accelerator. Then at 6 weeks I got my husband to drive me to a remote area and I took over driving around the empty roads, felt ok, so drove home. Total driving around 15 minutes. From then I drove myself to physio etc. But I didn't drive myself anywhere where I had to walk to wherever I was going - only did that at around 10 weeks.

Given you're still taking pain meds perhaps talk to you doctor first. Also check your insurance.

Welcome to Bonesmart. You're going to get lots of help, advice and support. Yes you will eventually be able to kneel, but might feel a bit funny to do so. Three months is still early in the recovery so I wouldn't get concerned. We all find a way to get back up off the floor. Some at 3 months use a chair or something to pull back up again with their arms.

bottomshollow
I think Lin has a few threads going that you might like to merge.

Lin, I've asked Judy to merge your threads so we can see all you concerns in one thread.

merge-1-jpg.10117
llwil2003, I have merged your multiple recovery threads. We
prefer that you keep everything about your recovery in one thread as we have all your information in one area. This makes it much easier to answer questions or discuss concerns about your situation. Thank you so much for your cooperation. Campervan -- thanks for the heads up.
In your first thread you indicated you had a partial knee replacement. In a later thread you indicated you had a total knee replacement. Could you please let me know which is correct? Also if you would like a different thread title, let me know and I can change it for you.

rambo I have been married forever and we've had to be creative given our long intimacy, plus to favor the bits and pieces that inevitably fall apart. We take it in turns to get them fixed. But I have to say, I spat out my wine when I read your comment about potentially wrapping 'it' in an ace bandage. I know what you meant but it could have been taken quite another way. Thanks for the giggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom