Hip Infection* THR Take Two, 2.5 years later

Pooped.
Spent much of the morning meeting with my biz partner and generally catching up.
Mobility was reasonably good with cane. Started to get tired at 11:30 am even though the meeting only started at 9:45.
Went home at noon, had friends drop in for a couple of hours.
It's now 3:30 and I just wanna lie down and go to sleep. I'm much more tired than I thought I'd be.
Favourite part of the day? Using my temporary distability mirror hanging thingie to part close to the building. I kinda feel like I shouldn't qualify thus I'm getting away with something.
PS, good advice @Mojo333

Energy drain most prominent it seems at this time.
As we get more mobile we drain that healing energy away from its primary purpose and some of it can't be helped so we have to find some down time to compensate.
Early days...you will get this figured!
Hope you have a pleasant restful evening!

Last edited:
I agree--have a restful evening and try to use your down time to really refresh and recharge. Sounds like even this part-time stuff is taking it out of you. Maybe you got in a good nap this afternoon, and hoping you will sleep well tonight, waking up refreshed and with renewed energy.

Today I'm resting on the couch watching videos and reading some work emails. I had planned to work from home...but still need sleep it seems.

Here's something cool...when I got up at 8am to use the bathroom I was wobbly with the cane. Slept 3 more hours and was stable.

Resting works!

Don't get wobbly on us now. We don't want you falling down.
Feeling tired is a normal after THR. You're body is working hard to heal the assault.
All our energy goes toward healing not leaving a lot for all the other activities of daily living.
Get all the rest and sleep you can. Our body does it's best healing while we're asleep :yawn: :sleep:
A great day to you :SUNsmile:
@Elsinore

:sleeep: Great for recovering hippys. Elusive, But Great.
I was so happy when I could finally just get 5-6 hours straight!
Glad today was a chillin' day!

It was great to chill yesterday. Ready for this morning's teaching session.

Then off to our company to rest in one of the patient therapy lounge chairs.

Wellllllll
Teaching went extremely well. Cut off the last 1/2 hour of the 4 hour schedule cuz I didn't want push it. Now sitting in an office la-z-boy chair and may actually grab a few zzzzzzzzzzzzs.
Leg is less swollen than expected too.
Cheers!

What great news! Thanks for sharing.
I hope you're able to catch some Z's :yawn: :sleep:
Enjoy the weekend!
@Elsinore

Glad the teaching went well, @Elsinore, and you aren't too exhausted. At this stage of recovery, everything seems to take 10 times more effort than normal. It's frustrating, but to be expected. I guess as long as we acknowledge this and modify our activities somewhat, we should all be okay--keep moving forward, no matter how slowly.

Happy One Month Anniversary!
Hope you've had a nice week so far.
Wishing you a lovely weekend and all the best as you continue healing.
@Elsinore

Hi gang! I hit the 4 month recovery point a couple of days ago. Feeling fantastic. Working out every two days. Hope everyone has as great a recovery too. Good luck to all who are going under the knife.

Great update @Elsinore :yes!:
So happy for you.
Getting on with life with two good hips is SWEET for sure.

Great update @Elsinore :yes!:
So happy for you.
Getting on with life with two good hips is SWEET for sure.
Thanks @Mojo333.
The difference is incredible. Being pain free actually was fun to get used to... had to consciously walk normally.

A side benefit is that I can walk with better posture now.
And can sit on whatever seat i want to.
And don't have to turn on the car seat heater when on a long trip.
And can almost get my leg over my motorcycle (ok that one's going to take a bit of work).
And I'm in a better mood. That's probably the biggest one.
Cheers all.

Photo from the first week... one of the dogs decided to become a service dog. Or at least her version of a service dog. She mostly parked herself in front of me so I wouldn't move.
upload_2019-1-15_9-33-34.png

That is so sweet. What a beautiful dog, her eyes!

Happy Four Month Anniversary. Thanks for updating.
I can relate to the car seat heater, I used it too. It's nice to use it because it's
cold out and not as a remedy for discomfort.
And YES, pain steals our joy and makes us moody. It's so much easier to be happy.
I'm happy for you! :happydance: May it keep getting better :yes:
@Elsinore

Love the T-shirt...I need one.
I was going to take an Amazon box to my surgery and tell them I bought some used parts on line...so they could charge me labor..
I was so happy to be able to ride on my WIDE ATV again ...no problem on or off now!
Onwards and upwards....

@Mojo333
"I was going to take an Amazon box to my surgery and tell them I bought some used parts on line...so they could charge me labor.."
That is HILARIOUS. Great way to save money.

T shirt: $20 on Amazon. Search for THR aftermarket parts t-shirt.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back