THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Well, I'm glad you are feeling some improvement.. but I wish it would hurry up and heal completely!

That stinks about the SI joint,, I had somebody sprain mine with a dumb move and it took months to fully recover.. so sorry that happened to you!

Onward and upward!! :flwrysmile:

Happy One Year Anniversary!
Can you believe it’s been a year already? I felt like the first year passed much more quickly than I imagined it would.

The support you freely offer here has been a comfort and encouragement to many. It‘s people like you that make the forum great!
Happy Summer 2020! :SUNsmile:
@Elf1

Happy anniversary. Thank you for sharing your recovery with so many. You were one of the ones I followed as I waited for my surgical date and it was so helpful and here it is a year later.

Thanks @Layla and @leejaa!

Well here it is one year down the road with my new hip and life is good! Still have some minor issues here and there but old age kind of does that to you. If you would have told me last year at this time as I was prepping to go into surgery that I would feel this good I'd have thought you were crazy!

It's been an interesting road, to include the false start on 26 June last year but I'm going to continue watching my progress as I'm sure there's more to come.

Thanks to all my Bone Smart buddies that helped me through making the decision to have surgery, the pre-op jitters and bazillion questions and through my recovery. Couldn't have done it without you! :friends: :loveshwr::dancy:

Happy Anniversary to you and your hip @Elf1 ! Crazy how quickly time flies, eh?
I wish you many more years with great mobility. :loveshwr:

You've been a great addition to the advisor team and so enjoy doing this with you. :chuckmarch:
Edited to add that I enjoy advising with you on the team, not doing the chicken dance together.. haha

One Year? For real?
Happy happy one year hipversary to my hippy pal and cohort.:loveshwr:
Hope you see lots of improvement, even now, as I did!!!!
Big hugsxxxx

Happy hipaversary dear @Elf1 ! You've been such a voice of calm reason for so many of us, even while going through your own hip hurdles. You're a great advisor and I hope you continue to improve, stay safe, and spread support and love here and wherever you go. :flwrysmile::SUNsmile::cheers:

Well had my one year follow-up with my surgeon today. They took xrays, he said beautiful! He had me walk, again, beautiful. Had me jump on the table and lay down so he could check my leg length, all good, pull my knee towards my chest, turn it in, turn it out, all awesone. Had me flip on my side and lift my leg straight up, awesome!

Asked if I had any problems walking or if I was having trouble doing anything in the course of living my life, nope, all good. Other than still having bouts of this crazy bursitis I'd be over the moon. Told him I'm going to see my GP next week for some cortisone injections in my SI joints to hopefully knock out that issue and keeping fingers crossed it will help with the bursitis.

He basically turned me loose, no restrictions, come back every 2 years for an xray just to make sure nothing has moved. Told him I'll continue to approach life like I have been, if it hurts quit doing it. He thought that was good advice. And he loved my hippie shirt that I had on today. It's Rosie the Riveter and says Hip Replacement Warrior, not for the weak.

Wonderful report and wonderful to be a free woman. I hope the cortisone injection helps so you can fully enjoy your new hip.

Awesome follow up visit, Elf! Wonderful news, I’ll bet it made your day.,
I hope the cortisone injections bring you relief from the bursitis.
Your Rosie the Riveter t-shirt sounds cute. Wear it in good health! :wink:
@Elf1

How wonderful @Elf1 !! That darned bursitis, it's tenacious, isn't it? But your overall ROM is fantastic! Good luck with that injection.

Great update:ok: and best of luck with SI issues.
I had problems with mine through the second half of my second year:unsure:
Can't believe that there was so much improvement well into that 2nd year.
I did do a six week session twice per week with PT that helped address my SI joint and unless I do alot of lifting or twisting...mostly resolved.
I know you also have the spinal fusion, so not sure if that complicates things...but I hope that things keep getting better and better, friend. :happyfeet:

Thank you for the lovely report @Elf1 . I hope the cortisone helps. Let us know about it. I wish you the best and that the new hip will serve you many more years. My left leg is wonderful. Has recovered from hip replacement (2015) and tibia head fracture after a bicycle accident (2019). I can swim cycle and run as normal. I have no restrictions. I'm just waiting for the dreaded pandemic restrictions to ease up so that a few races can take place again in the Frankfurt area. What's it like where you are in the US? Do you have any pandemic restrictions?

Thanks for everyone's good thoughts and hanging in there with me!

@Constanze you've definitely had your share of surgeries but it's inspiring how you keep on going.

Oh how I miss Frankfurt! Spent a little over four years there, worked in the Abrams Building or the IG Farben Building as you would probably know it. Very interesting building, especially the padernosters. Strangest elevator system I had ever encountered, but fun once you got the hang of it.

It's very hot in my area, we literally had no winter this year. I didn't even wear the new winter coat I bought. We unfortunately are now considered one of the hot spot states for the virus so we do have plenty of restrictions.

Hi @Elf1 . So you're familiar with the Frankfurt area. I never worked in the IG Farben Building but IG Farben, that rings a bell. I used to work at Hoechst in the registration or marketing authorisation team of the pharmaceutical sales department in the 1980s. The company is Sanofi now.

So sorry you're in one of the hot spot states. Which one is it? Germany is relatively safe but we've had an increase in positive COVID-19 cases. That's a pity, because I was hoping I could take part in a few races later this year/next year. Usually there is the Frankfurt Marathon in October and the Frankfurt Ironman in June. The Frankfurt Ironman is also the European championship and is second to the world championship, which is Hawaii.

Hope you'll still be able to get outside sometime and enjoy your hip and that you'll have a bursitis-free time soon. Best - Constanze

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back