THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Thanks everyone, feeling much better today. Silly weather here keeps messing everyone up. Set record high yesterday with 82 and now it's 37, feels like 30 and been raining all day! Eating a bowl of hot, homemade soup before I head to my mammogram.

Hoping my issues are just soft tissue, muscle stuff still healing. Not going to get too crazy about it as I'm still walking and moving around just fine so will see what the OS has to say.

Just catching up....glad to hear you're feeling better. Time sure flies when we're having fun:heehee: At your stage of recovery, it's very, very common to have all sorts of aches and pains. I went for my massage this morning and my masseuse found all sorts of "stuck" muscles. She explained it like, "You're asking your muscles to do things when they cannot give full effort." Her massages are anything but relaxing, but afterwards, I feel so great. Have a good evening, my dear.

So sorry to read you were under the weather @Elf1
Was about to send out an :sos: in search of you.

Happy Five Month Anniversary! I'll bet you're anxious for your appointment next Tuesday. It's always nice to get a nod from the OS that he's pleased with your progress and leave the appointment with the reassurance all is as it should be.

I hope you're feeling back to normal now and able to enjoy the week.
Have a nice evening!

@Layla, unfortunately I had a missed call when I was at my other appointment today and they cancelled my appointment next week. Earliest they said they can get me in is 28 Jan. I hate they you can't actually talk directly to his office, the medical group has a centralized answering system. I'll have to shoot him an email which will be answered by the nurse, not him, and see what they think.

@Bfam85 thanks I'm sure it's just probably muscles and such complaining but you know we always feel better when we hear it from them. :banana-santa:

Oh Elf1, I intensely dislike those centralized answering systems. :gaah:
I feel they waste a good deal of my time, and the office could be 5 minutes from my home!
So sorry your appointment was moved to the end of next month. Any chance of getting on a cancellation list?

Hi @Elf1 Happy Hippersary! I am sorry that you are dealing with some grizzles but hopefully your mind will be put at rest when you see the doc. That sucks that your appt was cancelled! It really messes with head when that happens I know. Overall though it sounds like you are progressing well and I am happy for you. Compared with relentless arthritis pain I bet its a bonus!

Seems like from 6 to 7 month most of my weird muscle issues around incision just magically knitted themselves together again. Muscle tone almost normal at 8 months.
I'm finding this true also, thank God. Was happy enough with ROM a month ago but muscle wastage continued to nag. I've been continuing with pilates weekly, and Monday finally started to see and feel some results. :yes!: So yes it's true - juicy bums CAN begin to return with some strength training! Happy continued healing to you @Elf1 and hope you're over your bug soon.

@Fiona444 and @Calgal the bug seems to have moved on, good riddance. :banana-santa:

Decided I need to get back to being more active, bought some new walking shoes today so I can head back to the gym. Think hubby is going to start going with me again so we'll keep each other motivated. Want to get in the pool once in a while as that was so blissful, just not thrilled with the condition of their showers so will maybe go on warmer days and just throw on clothes and go home to shower.

Going out to dinner tonight, meeting up with a bunch of my Hubby's retired military friends. Should be nice as we don't go out often and we have a room to ourselves so should be a good evening.
:carols::santa-dance:

Now, @Elf1, you need to rest up and get healthy--the holidays are a'comin' and you need to be ready! No colds allowed! Amazing that you are already five months along and sounds like you are doing so well. I hope the doctor's visit on the 17th goes well, and answers any lingering concerns you might have. Keep that chin up--you are basically rocking this recovery!

Happy Thursday @Elf1
It's good to read you're feeling better! There is so much crud going around this time of year. Wishing you all the best as you head back to the gym to break those new athletic shoes in. I hope you enjoyed your dinner out last evening with hubs and friends.
Have a great rest of the day! :)

Happy weekend @Elf1

New trainers always get me motivated to begin exercise anew. Hope it is going well for you and that you have managed to stay bug free this month. Feel the same way about swimming indoors. It’s that last step, that always gives me pause. Wish there was some kind of walk through system that would quickly air dry suit and hair like the car wash has.

Wishing you a very :merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

Just a quick update. For starters hope everyone has been enjoying their holiday season so far and continue on into the New Year! :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Had sent an email to the OS about the thigh/hip pain, nurse called to see what was up. Was nice even though I was thinking did you read my email?!.:snork:. Connection was terrible, I swear I love in a black hole for phone service! Anyway she could see in the system that I had an appointment for today with my primary doc so told me to bring it up to him and let her know what he said. Dependant on the outcome they might want to reevaluate me.

So talk to my primary today, he has me hop on the table and show him where the pain is and explain what it feels like. He very gently touched the area and I clenched up a bit. He says, yep, you have trochanteric bursitis and gives a big explanation which just added to what I already researched. He asked me if I wanted to try a cortisone shot, checks to make sure that insurance doesn't have to do prior approval and that quick, shot done! He just uses straight up cortisone without adding the numbing agent like the pain mgmt folks so I know it will take a while to see if it's going to work. I told him I was pretty sure that's what I had. I said I mentioned the pain in September when I had last seen the OS and he said oh, you probably have bursitis and went on his merry way. Doc kind of laughed and said yeah, those guys really only care about what your bone and implant are doing, they're oblivious to the rest of this stuff. I laughed and said you think!? :rotfl:

Good thing your primary care listens and actually does something right away. Sounds like he is a keeper. I hope the injection gives you relief.

Hi Elf ! Glad to hear you got your injection.. no fuss, no muss!
I'm very interested to hear how you feel in the next few days.

It's another step towards a great 2020. :banana-santa: ( I am sad that this little guy will be gone for another year, soon)

Oh elf! I had that too, but it was before my THR. It was really horrible for me, totally incapacitating, but that cortisone shot was a miracle!! So great your GP could do it asap. I'm confident you'll be zooming around again pain free soon. Any of our knowledgeable advisors know why bursitis seems to be so common after THR? God I hope I never experience it again! Happy new year to you. :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom