THR Elf1 Recovery Road

@Barbaraj we finally got a little cool down though headed back to the 90s tomorrow and Thursday then another cold front on Friday morning. Keeping fingers crossed that rain stats out of forecast for Oktoberfest. :fingersx:

@Layla and @ceezee can't believe it's three months already! For the most part the hip pretty much feels like mine and things seem to be progressing slow and steady. Still don't have my stamina back all the way but was pretty beat up before surgery. Been doing some light, easy stretches I found on an orthopedic site and they might actually be helping the trochanteric pain syndrome, no longer called bursitis! :loll:

Am a bit sore/achy but that's probably from steam cleaning some more carpets yesterday. Trying to get ready for Oktoberfest on Saturday but doing a little every day so I don't end up in the ODIC!

Oooh! I had some catching up to do! Oktoberfest sounds wonderfully delicious, hopefully you get can get a few degrees cooler for it.
Glad you have downgraded from Bursitis to Trochanteric pain syndrome..:heehee:

I think you have had a very interesting career... I've never been to Germany but husband has and he still talks about it.. Namely the beer and the food.

You must be feeling pretty strong if you can steam clean a carpet, of any size!!
Sounds good @Elf1 :flwrysmile:

Edited to change to her correct name!! My poor brain!

Last edited:
:cheers: (In honor of Oktoberfest) Happy 3 month anniversary @Elf1 !:yahoo:
Glad your hip is feeling more like your own and you found that stretches which are helping possible trochanter issues, rather than bursitis.
I am still amazed you are cleaning carpets.

Hello and a Happy Wednesday to you!
It's good to hear the stretches you've been doing are helping your pain. Hopefully you continue to gain relief...until the pain is history. :fingersx:

Back up into the 90's you're going?!! We're plunging into the upper 30's on Saturday. There's a happy medium between your temps and ours like a nice
sunny 65, or 70 :SUNsmile: Sounds good to me! :yes:

Take it slow today...you don't want to miss your own Oktoberfest party on Saturday. Can't wait to hear about it afterward. I'll bet fun will be had by all.
Have a good one!
@Elf1

Congrats on 3 months and much more pain free mobility to come, birthday sis!

Hi, @Elf1 Happy Hump Day! Temperatures back up into the 90's doesn't sound like fun, but seems like you are behaving yourself, pacing your days and that the gentle exercises might be helping you. Keep up the good work and have a great day!

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Time to Par-tay! :wink: :cheers:
I'll bet the house is spick and span. The Brats are in the fridge, the Broetchen in the pantry, the Goulash Soup ready to go. Your dirndl is ironed, your hair is braided and you're ready to break into song and dance. :beer:

Whatever the day may bring I hope it's a smashing success...a good time is had by all. Will be thinking of you! :) You'll have to tell us all about it afterward.
Enjoy!
@Elf1

@Elf1 Have a fun Saturday, glad it cooled off for your party. Our low was 38° this morning, later 50° around 5 o'clock. Supposed to get sunny later and the next couple days. Rained all day yesterday, but I have a light weight rain suit and went for my walk anyway. Rain or snow I'm on the go for my walks outside here in MI. They keep the regular walking path salted all winter which helps:walking:

@Elf1 OMG, weather whiplash! Suddenly woolens and gloves!
Better weather for baking and cooking.
How cooperative for your party!

Afternoon everyone! Oktoberfest went well, weather was very cool in the morning which was great for set-up as it rained on Friday and we couldn't do a lot to preposition stuff. By the time of the party I think it was about 65 and the sun came out with a nice light breeze, was perfect weather. Everyone was laughing that it's either sweltering hot or cold and rainy when we have our parties. :loll:

Had way more food than we could eat which is how it usually is but that's a good thing! Sent some home with the two DILs that were there.

Got to celebrate the twin granddaughters 5th birthday, that was so fun. It really means the world to us to be in their lives as our relationship with their Dad is very complicated but things are getting better.

Don't want to jinx things but received good news from other son and DIL yesterday so we're just waiting patiently for official word. :fingersx::angel:

Surprisingly I didn't join the ODIC for all the running around I did and on my feet all day but sure was close. A bit achy today but going to chalk a good part of that up to age and arthritis. All in all an awesome day!

Boy, your weather sounds like it cooperated nicely. Your hip behaved, too. I'm glad you had such a nice time, sounds like loads of fun. Plus the perks of having the grandkids there had to be super duper.. we are all making such good progress! :egypdance:

What a fun day @Elf1 Really glad the weather came through and that you did not ache too much from all the activity. Congratulations on your 3 month milestone. Sounds like you’re coming along very nicely.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back