THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Welcome, welcome to the healing side!
All done with surgery. Woohoo!
Now the work begins but a major hurdle cleared!!!!
Take care and be patient-- better days are coming.

Glad your surgery is behind you, dear @Elf1 ! :loveshwr: I hope they get your pain controlled before they kick you out. Insist upon it. Then you can go home and heal properly. Thoughts and prayers for a good day. :friends:

@Elf1 Such a trooper! Fingers crossed for the doctors and nurses to get your meds just right, and for a smooth transition to the comfort of home. Rooting for you every step - just the way you root for all of us.

So glad the surgery is finally behind you - prayers and good wishes being sent your way ! Here’s to a speedy recovery!

Hope you are waking up to a sunny day outside your hospital room this morning, assuming you're still there, @Elf1, and are feeling pretty good and hopeful now that surgery is over and recovery has started. I do hope pain meds are sorted, and that you've been able to get up to use the bathroom, take a short walk down the hallways and maybe even try the stairs. I remember feeling quite jubilant that I'd come through surgery, it was done, and now all my focus was on getting home and healing. Hope to hear more soon, although I know that initial fog means posting may not be too regular at first. Hang in there!

@Elf1 Just saw your post-op post. Great to hear from you. Sounds like you've got a story to tell! That first day is often strange IMO--pain, anesthesia hangover, hospital environment, etc. You've got this!

Good Morning,
I hope you were able to get some sleep throughout the night.
Things will be much better at home. You'll be more relaxed and won't have to deal with the unwelcome interruptions. Will look forward to hearing more from you once you're resting comfortably.
Let the healing begin! :friends:
@Elf1

I am home!! :happydance:

Not quite as nimble as the emoji but we'll take it! Got Doc to switch me to Norco when he checked in first thing this morning and sweet talked him in to letting me go home! Right now there is a nap calling my name! :sleeep:

Oh wow, your already home? I hope you are feeling well and your pain is under better control. I’m having trouble with that myself. The nurses here are great! As far as icing, they put ice in a small plastic bag, then put that in a pillow case that lays great across my hip; you may want to give that a try. They are good about keeping up with my pain meds. Occasionally i’ll have to ask for something. My physical therapy has been good, they are only focusing on sitting down, getting up, getting in/ out of bed ect.
Just think girl, we made it through the hard part, now our journey begins! Sending love and prayers,and
Many blessings :angel:

Just being home has already made me feel better and have dozed off a couple times. And my stress level has dropped considerably! This place was a real piece of work, more on that later in the week when I'm a little more cognizant.

@Elf1
Oh boy can't wait to hear the interesting story!!! When you feel up to it.:tada: I bet it's a good one, to go along with the rest of your trials, Now hear this, "Elf1's Surgery epic novel....":heehee: Rest now...♥️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562