THR Elf1 Recovery Road

Wahoo, surgery is over and you're starting recovery. I am sure it will be a bit of a blur the next few days, but I'm betting the fog will clear, you'll get that pain under control and you will be on your way--2020, here you come! Congrats on a successful surgery and now the real work begins, but without hip pain and that crushing pre-surgical anxiety. You can handle this, @Elf1--hurray for you!!

@Elf1 Ahhhhhh, just heading to bed and checked one last time and you had posted. We all want to know how you are doing, but I know you want to rest and the meds make you sleepy, so hopefully you will sleep fairly well unless you have a lot of potty breaks.
So will be waiting to hear more only when you are rested and feel up to posting. Night. ♥️♥️♥️

Good morning Elf1......l remember being in a daze for the first day and quite sore...its all a bit surreal.....l wish you a speedy recovery...l have been staying with wonderful friends for 12weeks and heading off home today...bit daunting to be on my own (never bothered me before ) but life must move on....stay positive...big hugs:friends:...X

:wave:
So good to see your post on your very own recovery thread.
First days were jarring for me also, and a few minutes of needing something and waiting at the hospital can feel like hours.
I worried about them kicking me out too early...but I could manage my comfort much better at home.
Just roll with it best you can for now (like there is a choice:unsure:)
All Temporary, dear @Elf1 :console2:

@Mojo333 I keep saying it over and over, it's only temporary. Might be helpful if they could get my pain controlled. I maybe have an here or there that's ok. Asked for ice early on but dressing was so padded couldn't get through. They changed it a couple hours ago and asked for new ice but it doesn't seem to be working, can't quite get it where it needs to be. About went through the roof when she was taking tape off, felt like my skin was coming with it. Ok, enough whining for now, hopefully Doc sends me home today, he said that was probably going to be the plan
:fingersx:

I keep my fingers crossed for you....lm heading off to Cumbria...which is where lm from...3hr car journey :flabber:...we will stop off half way....onwards and upwards my friend......be prepared for "bumps in the recovery road " and be kind to yourself....:loveshwr:

I do know that it was difficult for them to get things right the first 24 hours for me too.
I had alternative pain med to codeine based opiate that worked well for me finally.
Also I feel like the bed I was in felt like a camp cot...no way to get comfortable.
Keep that mantra...temporary..
But also keep squeaking and ask them to call your OS and relay that you are having difficulty managing.
Sending good mojo, dear Elf...hang on.

Happy sight to see your post this morning. Was eager to read an update. Hope you got some sleep. First couple of days are rough. Sounds like you are making progress. Temporary is truly the best mantra. You will get in a groove with ice. It’s by far the best pain killer. Numbness keeps you from sensing ice too. It’s helping bring that inflammation down. :ice:xx❤️

I can't believe you are already writing. Scream for drugs no one should be in pain. I did and they sent me a new anesthesiologist with a new concoction. Squeaky wheel I've learned. You did it BRAVO! Looking to hear all about your amazing recovery day by day--but ya know from reading my drivel up and down up and down then finally upward for good. So happy to hear from you.

@Elf1
We trade one pain for another in the beginning of recovery. :shrug:But the new pain will heal where the other would not.:loveshwr: I had a spinal and they gave me a block for pain after surgery, so the first hours I just remember it was a little painful getting leg in and out of bed for potty trips. I did really well on Norco as my pain control once the block wore off. I hope you feel better once home. ♥️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts