Eight-Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

referee54

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
Eight years ago today, I underwent my BTKR operation.

Recovery was longer than I though it would be (sound familiar), but I can tell you that it was very, very much worth it---I am more active now than I was two years prior to my BTKR.

I can tell you that my recovery took about eight-nine months to get around 100%, and that I was frustrated---not only at its length, but also at the sleep issues, the pesky little limp that took five months to depart, and the ups and downs of recovery----but, in the end, I am very, very thankful that I had the procedures done.

For those of you struggling in the "Dark Days of Recovery" or for those who have issues---hang in there--things will get better and you will be able to move forward with a pain-free and active lifestyle.

Congratulations to you and your knees, Tim! I hope you'll have many more happy years together.

Congratulations. You continue to be an inspiration to me and many others. Thanks again, Tim. Hope you got in a ride for your knees' eighth birthday and I hope they make it 30!

Happy Birthday to your knees! May they serve you well for eight more years. :yay:

Good heavens, I remember when I first joined the forum and a woman wrote in to say that her tkr was five years old---I was so happy to read that---but now, eight years. Well done.

I can hardly believe it buy my left knee will be seven in May!!!!

Happy anniversary to your knees, Tim!
They're doing you proud and you're doing them proud. :yes!:

@referee54 - you have been so much of an inspiration for so many of us ... 8 years!! You are almost ready to be retied to "normal!" So glad to have the report. I can say I am more active than I was 14 years ago ... first the hip replacements in 2003, then the knees in 2012 (should have been 4 years earlier), and then the spinal fusion in April. Doing an 8-12 mile hike in the mountains is nothing now. We all have our own journeys, they all may lead in different directions, but you have supported and inspired so many of us Tim ... we are delighted with your progress, wish you well for continued accomplishments, and thank you for boosting the rest of us on our journeys!

For those of you struggling in the "Dark Days of Recovery" or for those who have issues---hang in there--things will get better and you will be able to move forward with a pain-free and active lifestyle.
What a lovely gift for us "youngins". :thumb::thankyou: Thank you @referee54.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties