THR Early Birthday

Congratulations on early schedule! Get it out of the way! Esrly birthday greetings for Wednesday! What a wonderful gift you are receiving!

:walking::walking::walking:

Oops....didn't notice you started your recovery thread, I posted on the pre-op side.
I'm going to go grab it...copy and paste it here so you look more popular to those who don't know you yet, lol.

Yay! I'm happy you have an early surgery time. Let's get this show on the road!

Meatloaf and Broccoli sounds yummy. I hope the Guinness relaxes you a bit.

Just think, tomorrow at this time that nasty pain will be history and your body will be in overdrive doing its thing! Pretty miraculous really. I'm excited for you and hope you can send us a :thumb: when you're feeling up to it. You know you've made friends, have fans and we'll all be watching for your first post. No pressure though :heehee:

I'm sending up a prayer for your comfort, peace of mind and an uneventful surgery and recovery.
You're going to do great! :wink:
@59billy

PS Happy Birthday early in case you don't feel like posting before Wednesday, but I'm feeling confident you will.

Be thinking of you tomorrow. I was thinking of you today and was writing the 9th for a few hours at work until I woke up after a few cups of coffee! Good on you for the early start, hoping for the same here. Good luck will be checking here often.

Hope everything goes well tomorrow and recovery is a breeze! Happy Birthday early, just in case you're not up and online Wednesday! :beer:

Here's a nice bedtime story - read it and sleep.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this
6. Access to these pages on the website

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask the at each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

Last edited:
I've had my first Hibiclens shower. I smell like a meth lab. As usual, the instruction sheet differs from what I was told at the camp, so I'm going with the latter. Hibiclens shower, clean sheets, then another Hibiclens shower followed by the wipes in the morning.

I love the every surgeon has a different protocol for this.

I was instructed to do the same. Hibiclens shower before bed, sleep on clean sheets, Hibiclens shower in the a.m. No wipes though...
I don't recall an offensive smell as much as a film left behind on my skin. I remember I didn't like it but by that time I was just going through the motions....I would have driven to the hospital that night and went through surgery if it was possible.

My instructions are to do that for the 5 days prior to surgery, which starts tomorrow. I only bought one bottle, and yesterday I got the instructions to use 1/2 a bottle each time. I guess I will have to get more.

All the best today @59billy ! See you on this side soon!

Sending Good Mojo your way...
New hippy in the house today!:yes!:
Bye bye hip pain.:happydance:
See you on the healing side.:ok:

:wave:You are going to do fine...all temporary leading up to Back to Life!
:egypdance:

My instructions are to do that for the 5 days prior to surgery, which starts tomorrow. I only bought one bottle, and yesterday I got the instructions to use 1/2 a bottle each time. I guess I will have to get more.

it can't hurt. I might have done it for more days if I had done my research sooner. Too much stuff to think about!

T - 1:45 and counting!

Not sure when I'll be able to follow up, so y'all be good today!

Thanks for the support, everbody.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks