Double knee replacement?

Alabamagirl

Country
United States United States
I’m in need of double total knee replacements. I’ve heard some doctors will do both at once, and some won’t. I am 63, have always been active until these knees got me down. Any advice on having them both done at the same time? I’m hoping I’m as strong as my mother when it comes to a replacement. She was 94 and did wonderful.

:welome:

100% behind BTKR. One surgery, one recovery. See my recovery thread from my signature, below.

@Alabamagirl Welcome to BoneSmart! If you are indeed a candidate for BTKR it's the way to go. As Roy says - one op and one recovery.

Sometimes the trick is finding a surgeon who will do BTKR. They are out there so keep looking.

Thank you! I see the doctor Jan 6. I had an MRI in June, and when I told the nurse the results, she said “yes, you will have to have replacements “. So, we will see if he will do both at the same time. I like the idea of getting it all done at once.

I suggest getting more than one opinion. Surgeons have their preferences about doing bilateral. Just because one says no doesn’t mean they all will, depending on your situation. I regret not getting different opinions about my partial.

I’m there with you Alabamagirl - hoping for knee replacements in Jan. I see my surgeon on Nov 20 & have a bunch of questions for him - top one being bilateral or one at a time

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks