Ask the Expert Webinar
Lounge Doctor

Don't want surgery

Knitter4444

Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
I have trashed shoulders and do not want surgery. I have had bilateral knees and then both revised, hip replaced, both wrists fused. CMC arthroplasties (both) and then revised..bilateral carpal tunnel surgery and just recently a lumbar fusion and a spinal stimulator. I am surgeried out. I don't think shoulder surgeon will allow more cortisone. Its just osteoarthritis..but it hurts. But at 76 I don't think I can manage another major procedure. Anyone dealing with this and not having surgery. Concerned that it will only get worse.

Pumpkln

Country
Knitter4444,
Good to see you back, sorry to hear you are having trouble with your shoulders. I know others have dealt with multiple joints.
We have several members who have dealt with multiple joints, and a few are still posting.

Tashia who has had 5 joints replaced.
NightQuilter has had 4 replacements and back surgery.
Susanne has had multiple surgeries.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I don't think shoulder surgeon will allow more cortisone.
Why - how many injections have you had thus far? I think I've had something like 20 odd depo injections since 2004! My surgeon never talks about 'enough is enough', he only considers if it's clinically appropriate.
Concerned that it will only get worse.
Well it will - you know that. But if you don't want surgery, that's your choice.

Atkinson8

Country
I hear you and share your pain, although not as any surgeries. I think you should advocate for more cortisone shots, I’m going to do so tomorrow as I don’t want surgery for at least 10 months due to other issues. I guess the question is, with your other”bionic” joints, and being only 76, do you want to live with this pain for another 20 or so years? Maybe waiting a bit will clear the way for that option. I’ll be tuning in to hear what happens. Best wishes to you.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dep
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom