THR Done at last

Welcome home! Just keep reminding yourself - you are discharged from the hospital TO recover, not discharged fully recovered. Take the time to get this recovery right and you will have a lifetime of no more hip pain.

I would encourage those discussing anathesia to consider spinal with sedative. There are some key advantages for this route over GA when having hip replacement. Some will disagree on this board but happy I chose such with anterior approach.

excellent points .... I had the same protocol with both my THRS..Might want to suggest to the anesthesiologist.."amnesia type " drug in the mix ...I woke up during my first surgery RATHER UNPLEASANT... I do understand as the goal is to keep the anesthesia as light as possible... The second surgery with the amnesia drug was terrific.... I still have no memory of being moved into the OR ... Four weeks out ... on the treadmill and at the driving range
Being an avid golfer would love be at driving range in 4 weeks but live in Wyoming. Either way not happening lol. Glad you are doing well!

Good plan. Now for real recovery while avoiding the dreaded overdoing syndrome. Slow and steady wins the race. Have a good night.

Got some good sleep. Managing pain with Tylenol, Ibuprophen, Nerve pill and lots of ice. Quads are stiff and sore but overall doing fine. So far oh happy day :)

You and your brand new hip sound really good.. you are off to a good start. :yay:
I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight, but if you don't? Try not to fret.. it will come eventually.
Congrats on your shiny new hip!

Hello and a Happy Monday to you and your new hip! :wave:
It sounds as though you're doing well in these early days. Good for you! Continue doing what you're doing and keep us posted.
I hope you have a great day. :)
@Noel310

Started PT today and therapist was very gentle. Gave me 4 basic excercises to do at home. So far my journey has been positive with early recovery, some what ahead of where I thought I would be. Continue to ice with elevation. :)

Happy to hear your PT was good today and that's great you're feeling good. Just please continue to take it slow and easy, don't let that feeling better than you thought get you in trouble. :friends:

Hope you have a good night and a great Thanksgiving.

Been awhile so want to provide positive update. So many on here are dealing with issues and my wish is that you all will see much better days soon! To many who are approaching surgery fast recovery is possible and am grateful I have been blessed so far.

2 PT sessions now since my 11/22 anterior LHTR surgery. In about 10 days have now moved from walker to cane. I was only in hospital 1 night and have used very little of the narcotics. I still am using ice which helps a great deal. My anesthesia for surgery for surgery was spinal with sedative which if possible has shown benefits over GA if possible for you.
Soon I will be allowed to drive again and my progress has been better than I imagined. Yes you can have this surgery with excellent recovery and limited bumps along the road!!

I will update in about a week.

:yay:

Very good update but please remember you are very early on in your recovery and would hate for you to become over confident and overdo. Please continue to take it slow and easy and happy to hear you're still icing, it works wonders. :thumb: :ice:

Hi. Hope all is going well with you!
I remember I started getting cabin fever and a bit of the blues about this time in my recovery.
Maybe this isn't the case with you?
Here is my favorite recovery chart...
Recovery chart drawn.jpg

It does go up! Eventually...
Hope today is a good day.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads