TKR One Year Post Surgery

You're still very early in this recovery process. Only 9 days out from your surgery and you got off to a bit of a rocky start. Your body will let you know when you can reduce your medications, but if you start to do that and find you have pain, it's too soon. Please don't worry about taking the Tramadol. It is a good medication that shouldn't be a problem for you. People can safely be on it in the manner you're taking it for several months, if needed. The important thing is to continue to keep your pain under control. When you do want to come off the Tramadol, you should taper off gradually over about 3 weeks and not try to do it all at once.

@Jamie Many Thanks... tried reducing today but came to same conclusion as you the pain is too severe so now back to my normal routine :)
Have a good weekend xxx

Oh dear ..what a night ! Not sure if I went to bed too early but only managed to sleep on and off for about 2 hrs at a time.
Knee quite achy this morning mainly at the back of the knee... could this be weather related? we've gone from Summer to Winter very quickly and this weekend it's been damp and wet :-(
Still can't get a comfortable elevation position is this really important to do ?
I'm icing frequently and back on full range of pain meds.
Hopefully rest of day will get better :)
Enjoy a pain free Sunday everyone xxx

:console2: Hope you can nap for a while later. I think you may be right about the weather causing this.

@Carole4815 not great at cat napping lol but hopefully by tonight I will be exhausted and will sleep longer. I have noticed a slight clicking in my knee when I walk is this normal?
Weather not helping (warm in comparison to other countries ) but cold for us only 14 degrees last week was 29 degrees so big drop.
Managing to do a few light household duties my hubby not very domesticated haha so I sent him off to golf wuth the instructions to bring something tasty home for lunch :)
Hope your day is good for you too xx

@Tykey you already know me well :heehee: ...Thanks for the reassurance :console2:
Have a good Sunday xx

Do hope things improve @Sara61
Sleeping is so difficult... first to get in a comfy position then getting pain under control & then trying to stop the mind whirring!!!

I think you are right to keep in with the meds... only just a week & to be sure .. it’s painful!!

I could not get off to sleep last night... did in the end !

Hope your day is better... keep on.. keeping on... it’s the only way.

love Chrissie x

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hoppy Nanny kinda a vicious circle the more you want to sleep the more your mind goes in overdrive..:bored: haha My mantra exactly..keep on, I can do this, I will do this!!
Let's hope tonight is a better night for us both xxx

Hoping @Sara61
Just don’t know if my body is tired enough to sleep...
Not sure how much exercise to do or how much resting... it’s a juggle:shrug:

@Tykey @Hoppy Nanny
This is my little girl Mali as you can see planted firmly on my bed such comfort they give us:doggie::sleep:

Attachments

• 20191014_164404-600x800.jpg
    20191014_164404-600x800.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 213
@Hoppy Nanny likewise, however she is very stubborn takes her approx quarter of an hour to decide if she wants to come up or not and is constantly making me move haha. She always has to touch someone when she is sleeping (usually me)

Lovenox injections I'm to have these daily at the same time for 28 days plus wear compression stockings daytime for 2-3 months - stockings I don't mind as they keep my legs warm but I dread the nightly injection into my stomach :groan:haven't seen any other post mentioning this- is it only a Portuguese thing or do other countries do the same.
Wouldn't mind if it were an epi pen but this is a needle :yikes: and my hubby has got the task of injecting me :heehee:

Gosh... I’ve lovenix injections but only for 14 days .. no stockings either .. thank God.
Over here they say the statistics for their use don’t stack up.

My hubby calls himself the ‘Grim Reaper as he stabs my tummy every night....:groan:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom