TKR One Year Post Surgery

I always found YouTube a great boon during the nights.
Hope you get home today, there's no place like home for recovering in, good luck. Then take it easy!!!!!

@Tykey another dreadful night shame ( snore snore snore ) I didn't have my crutch close by ( her luck really as she might have had some serious damage done I could even hear her with earplugs on - God help her husband pray that one of us leaves today
Knee pain not too bad although I haven't walked yet ...

Anyway keep up with amusing posts please xx

Amuse yourself by writing us all a Limerick.

Here's the first line:

"There was an old woman who snored"

Lol my brain isn't that bright this morning
But tomorrow night maybe

" whom gnawed gnawed gnawed and I was extremely bored"

@Tykey - your turn haha

Hoping they keep your pain under control @Sara61
I like the sound of the CPM thingy but not your Room Mate... urggh...hope they sling her out soon!
I’m up Monday for TKR so watching your progress... doesn’t seem like too much fun at the moment :groan:Hope today is a better day for you.

:wave:Sara, only just found you.

Sorry you are not getting any rest due to your neighbour. I went privately so had a single room. I figured I didn't want unknown folk around me under the circumstances! I too heard and smelled the goings on but such doesn't bother me.

I hope you get pain relief soon. I found the CPR machine quite comfortable but had it on for 1-2 hours but I after 2 days I had a 90 degree ROM.

Sending you some flowers for a good recovery.
Flowers 1.jpeg Beijinhos , Izzy xx

:rotfl:@Tykey you are very clever haha
@Hoppy Nanny yes Thinking of you all goes well for you on monday

Day 3
Small achievement managed to get out of my bed on my own but still needed assistance to go to bathroom after which I sat for a while on the side of my bed with both knees bent and feet on the ground
Hoping Tramadol will come soon a bit slow today here Been waiting for ice & meds nearly 1 hour - unfortunately no use getting irate as next time they will ignore you lol

Haven't seen my surgeon since operation either which I think odd saw a colleague of his yesterday maybe he'll call today

I suppose weekends everything takes longer and maybe hospital short staffed.

Still no idea if I'm going home today either way is fine

@Hoppy Nanny just seen the surgeon he is happy with my progress he says I'm too afraid to bend the joints and I should have more confidence He gave me permission to leave providing physio agreed
The physio thinks it's better to have another day in hospital and to get used to walking on crutches.

Anyway best surprise ever my daughter flew in to see me today Just for a few days I had absolutely no idea so has cheered me up no end

Now I need to be brave and get out of this hospital ....

Unfortunately lady next bed is also staying another night she is a sweetie and very nice buy hey ho another sleepless night awaits me

Sending hugs xx

Anyway best surprise ever my daughter flew in to see me today Just for a few days I had absolutely no idea so has cheered me up no end
That’s so nice!!

What a lovely surprise @Sara61 What a lovely thing for her to do!

Dont worry about bending the knee.. that will come in time.... easy for them to say :nah:

If you stay another night you might have to use that pillow on your neighbour... if you can get out of bed that is!!

Hope the pain eases off & you get some sleep tonight...

Love Chrissie :sleeep:

If I read your last post compared to your first, there is no comparison.
You are now showing optimism and enthusiasm, and you are now looking forward. That's a major step forward.
You are now well and truly on the path of recovery, keep on it, take it steady but bend that leg.
Crutches will change your life in a good way, you will become more and more independent.
Good luck.

Good Morning All
Day 4

After a great night sleep woke with the nurse bringing my pain meds at 6:30am ( my husband brought me extra strength earplugs ) I feel full of beans and ready to tackle the day ahead ( 1 day at a time) I walked on my own to the bathroom unassisted with crutches ( I have to chant to myself "crutch first bad leg then swing good leg forward" ) I'm sure with time this will become the norm.

Today I need to prove to PT I'm ready to go home...

My meds this am have gone from IV to pills at night they gave me tramadol which works wonders and 1st thing in the morning paracetamol with a stomach protector first.

I ice frequently and finally on my last day figured how to elevate this bed ( better late than never haha ) they don't practice that here at home I have my 3 pillows sewn together instead as indicated in these helpful information provided - yes I have read every one - my thanks to admin.

Not looking forward to access to my home as my entrance is either a curvey flight of steps I think 14 in total or a high incline with cobble stones my husband said worse comes to worse he will put me in the wheel barrow how undignified is that :rotfl: :rofsign: - thank God we live in the country with no neighbours

@Tykey
Yes I feel more positive I did think day 1 - very negative thoughts and day 2 as well but something clicked on day 3 and life didn't seem all that black - I have a good support network of close friends and my husband and daughter are the icing on the cake. Thanks to this forum I am prepared to take each day slowly ( Carlos my husband ) would have me running before I can walk haha but this won't be the case I will do a little more each day at the moment it will be trial and error

Will post later today with update on hopefully not a wheelbarrow ride to my house

Looking forward to seeing my doggies I'm sure the non eating has done them some good as they were becoming rather round ....

Have a good Sunday all xxx

Last edited:
If you need the wheelbarrow, we need photos!
What fantastic progress you are making.
Being home, you'll find something's a bit more difficult, but with your new positive approach and a bit of inventiveness you'll do fine

But ---- BE PATIENT!!

:dancy:Good news

I passed th walking test and managed to go up and down 12 steps ( stairs) my Rom is 85 and I managed 211 in 6 minutes :yahoo:

Now just to see doctor and home I go.

Hopefully no wheelbarrow needed haha

Will update later today xx

@Rather :heehee:you should see the wheelbarrow I would end up back in hospital if they even attempted to put me in it haha :rotfl: Hope next week is a less tougher week for us all :angel: xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back