OP
OP
Sara61

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
@allin1 I agree with you, I'm also very careful and still kinda "baby" my knee. Yesterday I tried to kneel on a soft bed to reach a light bulb but "fear" and remberance of my last attempt to kneel prevented me from doing so - silly really as unless we try we won't know if we can or not :groan: Hope all is going well with you xx

OP
OP
Sara61

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
@partialfixFeb :wow: your legs and knees look great, definitely heading for a tan ... what a difference, I can live with a silver/white line, at the moment I have a dotted red one where in some places it has diminished .
Dieting is hard when we have to reply solely on calorie intake, I try to walk at least 30 mins per day - I tried intermittent fasting for a few days but found I missed eating breakfast, so now I just use an app called. My fitness pal
And limit my intake to 1200 cals per day - On normal days I usually only eat a yogurt and an apple for dinner ( between 7-8 pm) my main meal being at lunchtime . Weekends I allow myself wine and dessert ( one must enjoy life too) I've lost about 1kg every week so far only started 2 weeks ago - I needed to as was feeling the weight on my knees ( plus it's getting time for beach wear :yikes: )
Good luck with your recovery and your diet too xxx

partialfixFeb

Country
United States United States
@Sara61 Good advice. I'll download the app - thanks for the inspiration! It was decided at last night's book club meeting that our annual beach trip will now be in July instead of September so there's some motivation to get back on track with eating healthier!

OP
OP
Sara61

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
:flwrysmile: :wave: Another month has flown past and now at 9 months post-op surgery the pain/blues, etc. are a distant memory. I can honestly say that it was "worth it":yes!: I still have a faint click - it's more noticeable in the swimming pool but my day to day, not at all. Stairs, I can now walk up and down without even thinking and feel confident enough to carry an armload of stuff without trying to grab for a handrail and fearing for my life.
Shopping with the girls has become fun again ..( if only we could ditch the masks :heehee:) but my DH is happy as he knows I cannot stay in the mall too long as I feel suffocating wearing it :rotfl:
Hopefully, in the not too distant future I can get my right one done, however it may be a couple of years wait, but as my new left knee feels so good ...it's a wait worth waiting for xx
@Hoppy Nanny and @Tykey I'm looking forward to reading your updates
Happy Healing to you all reading this :friends:xxx

sistersinhim

Country
United States United States
Hopefully, in the not too distant future, I can get my right one done
I found that the more my TKR knee healed and got stronger, the less my old knee hurt. So far, I see no need for a replacement in it! I pray it continues that way!

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great news @Sara61
So glad you are feeling all the benefits from that TKR.... I’m in much the same position... even forgetting that my hip & knee were done last year!!!

Hoping the pandemic is not hindering you too much... it’s a strange new world, isn’t it???

much love
Chrissie x

OP
OP
Sara61

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
@Hoppy Nanny Hi Chrissie
Great to hear from you and great that you are progressing so well.
Yes, who would have thought last year after our surgeries that plus 6 months the world would go into a pandemic.
In my case, it probably helped with my healing as being in lockdown made myself take things easier with plenty of "me time". The hardest part is not actually knowing when I'll get to see my daughter... as you know Portugal has been put on the "banned" country from the UK for travel despite England having triple the cases than Portugal.
I hope things in your "neck of the woods" are calmer - sending a virtual hug to you, Chrissie, keep in touch :roseshwr: Love Sarah xx

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Livelaurel
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom