Dogchick's "Hippy" Adventure

It's finally here! I'm excited for you. Tomorrow at this time you'll be in recovery with
your own story to tell, like all the rest of us. I will look forward to your first post.
Hope you get some sleep tonight. Wishing you peace and comfort!
@dogchick

Thank you @Mojo333 and @Layla. It feels a little surreal. And a little scary. I keep having a little voice say "What did you get yourself into?" And, "What if you hate the prosthetic, you are stuck with it, there is no going back." "You are a wimp with pain, you aren't going to be able to handle it." I am trying to ignore that negative voice and think about how my hip pain will be no longer. How much fun I am going to have baking, cooking, and walking my girl...speaking of the dog, she has literally been "attached at the hip" all day, like she knows things are going to change. I am going to miss her sweet face tomorrow night.
FB_IMG_1530583733085.jpg

Oh what a doll she is! Precious sweetie. She's going to miss you too. But just think, she's going to get a new Mamma tomorrow. One who will soon be able to take her for long walks and get on the floor with her to play without any pain. In the interim, she'll devotedly lay by your side.

Try to push out the negative thoughts. Make peace with it all, it's going to be good. Everything will move really fast once you get to the surgery site. The nurses understand the anxiety and know how to make light of everything. They'll offer you something if you're anxious and I'd take it. I did. I didn't feel loopy, it just took the edge off. They'll wisk you away and you'll wake in disbelief the surgery is behind you. You're going to do great!
Sending love and a warm hug. Try to get some sleep, I did, I bet you will too.
@dogchick

Thank you for your calming words, @Layla. You have a way with words that causes relaxation and calmness, I so appreciate that, it has been very helpful these last couple of days. I am giving my girl a ton of attention this morning. I've got pretty much everything I need for the hospital packed. I just need to take a shower and I'm ready to go. Three hours from now, I will be at the hospital getting prepped for surgery. I'm definitely going to take advantage of whatever they offer to help with anxiety. I did end up finally falling asleep around 1am and slept until 5am. I think I'm ready for another nap. LOL! See you all on the Healing side! :thumb:

All those fears I, and many others, can certainly relate to.
THR did give me my life back...first days can be tough...that's why they're are pain meds...
We will be thinking of you and you've got this, Dogchick.

:angel:Sending you all the prayers and loving vibes throughout the day today for your surgery. We'll all look forward to your post-op report when you are up to sharing!

I'm all hooked up to IV's, marked up by doctor. Just waiting to be wheeled in for anesthesia. Surgery time is 11:45. It is 10:48 now, so kind of a long wait.
FB_IMG_1530629407045.jpg

You'll be sleeping soundly very soon! Prayers coming to you dear!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads