THR Dog Lovers Recovery

Day 12
Having a new worry! I noticed a day or so ago a small hard area at the top of my incision. Last night my ankle is a touch swollen, not bad but it was a newer pain in the groin area. Not horrible but making it more noticeable bearing weight. This am it feels hard like a bone trying to protrude out of the top of that incision site. My post op appointment is Weds they are closed today. I am thinking its tissue/suture reaction as I have had dogs do this with spay incisions...ideas? Still able to walk.

In these very early days you’re going to feel pain and odd sensations here there and everywhere. Try not to worry.

By the way, I merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread, as we prefer that members in recovery have only one thread.

This benefits you because all your information is in one place, easy to find, and maintains a nice journal for you.

This also benefits our staff, as your information is all in one place, and we often go back through your thread for previous details, so we know what you‘ve been through which helps us advise you better.

So, please keep all your posts in this thread. If you’d like a new title, let us know what you want, and we’ll change it for you.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?

Best wishes on your continuing recovery! :flwrysmile:

Thank you, yes I for some reason couldn't figure out how to post.
I am a worrywart anyway so I can work myself into a panic.
I remember my husband's heart surgery incision looking red and hard at the top and I just knew it was infected. Granted they did put him on antibiotics as a precaution so hopefully I will be more at ease on weds after my post op.
It is hard feeling at the top of the incision and a scab is trying to fall off it looks a bit yellowish underneath and I took a picture outside as I did the scab moved and I saw the yellowish underneath I went into panic mode " Oh my God its infected" taking pictures and on the phone calling the Dr on call. Haven't heard back yet but have calmed down some after looking at pictures of my husband's artery removal pics when I "knew" it was infected and dr said it looked fine :) same yellowish area under scab. Ok Breathe icing now Lord its only week 2

Try not to worry until there’s something to worry about. Busy yourself with the doggies and your hubby until Wednesday and I’m sure your surgeon will get to the bottom of it.

My husband said the same thing, just heard back from on call Dr. She seemed unconcerned said I could put some betadine on it until my Weds appointment. I wonder if I overdid it yesterday as my ankle is a bit swollen today. Did go for a car ride I was bored to tears! :tiredwheel:

I am also bored to tears,,, I have read three books and watched Murdoch till I am sick of it! I just realized that I forgot to make the two week appt!,

Too true!, I was so fond of Clue when I was a girl! I recently played with my 8 year old grandson and I could not remember the rules!!

Guess a second childhood is when you relearn all the stuff you have forgotten!

I wish I could eat but everything tastes terrible to me right now. I heat up an Orange chicken bowl from trader Jo’s eat two bites and throw the rest away!

Last night I found a Hershey bar with almonds in the freezer! But I am saving it for a desperate night!

You are right, I am tired of watching murder mysteries might have to go to silly programs. Project Runway and Americas next top model!

I loved Selling Sunset on Netflix, the homes are amazing and the in office issues are interesting and I wonder how long it takes them every AM to get ready for work, I mean they all look like models, perfect hair and gorgeous outfits.
I watched all 5 seasons while recovering!!!
And yes, chocolate soothes the soul.
Hope you both find ways to combat the boredom, it's certainly a challenging recovery.
It seemed I'd be ok they not ok and wondered when it would all be OK for good!
Today I've done laundry and grocery shopped and my hip is so tight right now, just sat down to check in with the hippies and sit on some ice.
Take care.

I had no appetite for about 2 weeks, nothing sounded good or had any taste appeal. I would eat toast and had some homemade soup but very small portions. Ate some fresh strawberries with whip cream but even that I had to force myself to eat. Then, one afternoon I started to feel a little hungry… was put with a friend and we passed a Mexican restaurant that has killer shrimp tacos which sounded like a possibility so in we went, I ate 3 small tacos. I was thrilled, they tasted great! So give it a minute but eat a little something as your body needs fuel. I’m 79 years old

Day 13 still having some pain when bearing weight. Incision feels tight and lumpy. I have convinced myself that something is coming loose. Just didn't have this different pain until Sunday. I can still walk and went outside to visit my dogs for a minute before hubby takes them downstairs for the night. He goes back to work tonight so this will be my first night alone. If he forgets my compression socks I'm in trouble
See my Dr tomorrow hoping he can alleviate these fears I am having. Watching videos of people walking without crutches in 2 weeks is making me think something else is wrong although I know the pain of that grinding is gone.
I use to never have this much anxiety. This has been a rough year.

@Doglover7 you've been an encouragement as you have shared your journey. You are about a week ahead of me. I'll look forward to your update tomorrow once you speak with your OS. Praying for clear answers and a good report from the doc.

Hope you are doing well! I'm a big anxiety worrywart on a good day! :praying:

Hope you are doing well! I'm a big anxiety worrywart on a good day! :praying:
I got distracted today after disturbed sleep last night (fireworks and storm), so failed to take meds for over 12 hours. Pain got ahead of me and I'm still trying to get on top of it.

Oh no! I did that early on and started using the calendar on my phone to put when I took meds so I could remember.

Lol ski girl that was last nights worry..I have moved on to my stem is loose. :skep:

My incision is also lumpy as well!
Mine is too. I suppose I have an odd advantage, recent elbow surgery so I could easily observe the progression from lumpy initial appearance to a visible but nearly smooth scar between March and May.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88