Dislocation?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

new yorker

I just wanted to know if it is possible for my hip to dislocate before surgery. Sometimes it feels like that if my leg hangs to long after a step or climbing a ladder. The pai is more severe and feels like stuff is being crushed. It feels like I am being poked with a hot knife and I have to hop on the other leg right away. Its hard to limp on both legs....... I basicly wanted to know if that is dislocating, the pain that I feel:cool:

I would think not as dislocation is suppposed to be extremely painful, go to the ER painful and it has to be put back in place under anesthesia.
judy

I was just curious, It is not that painful that I would need anesthesia but I did not know if the bone had that much damage and was little by little getting weak if it could just come out one day.

Judy's right - if you dislocated you wouldn't be asking about it. You'd know! And you wouldn't be able to get up never mind stand or limp.

What you are describing is your bone-on-bone joint locking. That is incredibly painful and sharp pain too.

After my 1st and 2nd hip replacements, i was experiencing what felt like it was dislocating and then going back. My doctor told me that most patients have dislocations, the first 6 weeks to 6months (this was 6 years after) after the surgery and that i most likely was feeling the muscles and that perhaps the hip was almost dislocating. And yes it hurt like heck after it did what i called "That funky thing" Very painful to walk on it for a few days afterwards. This usually happened when i sat on the bleachers watching my kids play sports. But it would happen at other times. In 2000 i had my second hip replacement and the doctor told me i was not only having dislocations, but multiple ones.
Now 3 years later in 2006, i have a complete dislocation. Sleeping on the reclyner, not doing anything. Oh my god the pain. I told my hubby i was having a really bad butt cramp. he tried bringing me a chair and trying to get me to sit on it WRONG! then called the ambulance it hurt sooooooooo bad, but i still just thought it was a bad butt cramp. They had to cut my shorts off of me, and they where a good pair. and took xrays, but wouldnt let me know what was wrong. But i heard the xray tech on the phone with the er. doctor telling him she needed him in xray STAT. So they had to put a hysterical 40 year old under anethestesia and pop it back into place. Two months later in october of 2006 i had my final revision/hip replacement surgery and they special ordered the lining cup for me 17mm on one side. SO as it wont dislocate. When he took the old one out, told me i had worn a groove in it, cuz it dislocated so many times.
So, you might be experiencing like i did, that it popped out and popped right back in again!

My THR's where due to having congenital hip displasure and it not being discovered until i was 8 months old.

My thing is, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. dont let the doctors tell you somethings not happening , because of studies or what not.

I am now almost 43 and started having the most grossest feeling of my hip in the groin area popping really really loud! scares me, i keep thinking its gonna dislocate again and i would rather have 50 hammers dropped from above on my head than have it dislocate again! even child birth was like candy compared to the dislocation and it staying dislocated because the muscles just start going crazy when it pops out!

Wow, Debs....you have really had a bad time of it. If you find yourself worrying about the possibility of dislocation this time, make an appointment and go talk with your surgeon. It may be nothing, but peace of mind is EVERYTHING!!

Hi new Yorker Im a knee but they have all been correct in the past.....its hard I know but you dont have much longer and if you any doubts about the surgery you shouldn't anymore you definitely need it........hang in there it will all be over soon and you can move on and knee or hip we are all here for ya !!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hi new Yorker Im a knee but they have all been correct in the past.....its hard I know but you dont have much longer and if you any doubts about the surgery you shouldn't anymore you definitely need it........hang in there it will all be over soon and you can move on and knee or hip we are all here for ya !!!!!!!!!!!!)

I really cant wait much longer, I was gonna try and set this up for the begining of next year (jan) for insurance purpose. But I dont think I will make it that much longer. I still dont have much problem with mobility it just hurts alot.

If you have it done and after the recooperation time you will be so very happy you had it done~ The only problem with pain i had was a few weeks afterwards i was sitting in the reclyner and had a bad back ache from sitting in the same position for a few weeks! It is really worth it!!:D

New Yorker
It sounds to me that you are ready to have your hip replaced NOW. I understand your wanting to wait because of insurance, but I promise you the pain and problems your having are not going to get any better. It only gets worse if you wait. Make an appointment and talk with your doctor. First; Make sure that you have a doctor who has done many, many hip replacement surgerys. Second: make sure that you have every confidence and trust in this surgeon. It's a hard surgery, but worth it. The pain that you have now won't be there anymore.
Let us know how your doing. We care.
Blessings
Nancyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks