Revision THR One year later and still pain in groin

Please let us know what you hear on the MRI...if you feel like sharing. We do care. I'm sorry to read the groin pain is bad, as you mentioned above. I hope you learn the origin of the discomfort, and a way to find relief.

It's certainly good news that interviews are more plentiful. I know you were concerned. I hope you land a job in a health care setting as you're desiring.

You're not alone in experiencing a discomfort during weather changes. Many patients report pain and stiffness or feeling changes in the weather post THR. This usually disappears over 1-2 yrs after surgery. For those first couple years, the bone adapts and grows around the metal prosthesis and this bone activity can lead to a sensitivity to weather and pressure changes. Hopefully it eases soon for you.

Best Wishes for a pleasant week!
@Onestepatatime

@Layla thanks for the nice reply! I’m looking at jobs in some warmer areas too. Not sure I’m up for a move, but a change might be a good thing. I thought my aching joints might have been abnormal but I see that’s normal. I wish there was a remedy for this fatigue and aches. Ok, I need some cheese with my whining. :loll::alarm: I’ll share the mri updates as soon as I know. So very grateful for this caring community:angel::yahoo:

So the MRI reports were relatively normal. No tears and parts all in place. They think it is tendonitis and bursitis. Which I know from previous experience is very painful. I will keep plugging away with PT. They said my muscles show atrophy as well. This recovery is so slow!!!

Well, that must be reassuring to you! I know how frustrated you are though, it's such a long recovery with tendinitis and bursitis taking their sweet time to heal.
Hopefully, soon, you will be updating us with the news that things are progressing and you are feeling so much better.
Take care of yourself.. you will and are getting through this, one day at a time.

Did you doctors recommend or prescribe anything to help?

Hi @Onestepatatime
Thankfully the MRI proved there was nothing threatening going on. I'm sorry you continue to struggle with the discomfort of bursitis and tendinitis and hope you find relief soon. With any luck you're able to sneak in some extra rest this weekend so you feel more energized for the Christmas holiday. That's unless you're running around trying to finish up last minute Christmas shopping with all the procrastinators...like me.:gaah:
I hope you have a lovely Christmas and complete healing in the New Year!
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

Gracious...atrophy makes me think strengthen... tendonitis makes me think rest.
Do you feel confident that your PT has this balance?
I love our article on this that explains how the activity cannot exceed the repair rate or it will not resolve.

Good morning. Here’s what possible insight I can offer to your situation. I experienced ongoing groin pain post op (2/28/19) After a couple of rounds of Celebrex with no real effect, I was diagnosed with psoas impingement tendinitis (muscle/tendon sliding over acetabular components) To help with the pain, I had an ultrasound guided steroid/anesthetic injection into the tendon sheath. It also gave a definitive diagnosis when I got complete relief from my pain. That was 8/22/19. Unfortunately, it only lasted 2 weeks. I then was offered psoas release or a hip revision. After a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth (lol) at the slooooow process of referrals and consults while dealing with pain, I had an arthroscopic complete tendon release from the lesser trochanter 11/12/19. That is what the arthro OS recommended for post THR to assure no chance of re-impingement versus a partial release. It also is a “simpler” procedure. Anyway, it took care of the groin pain/stiffness and I just have aches and pains of healing and other muscles taking over. It is so good to finally have my life back. My best wishes for answers and healing for you. Blessings for a Happy Holiday. Pat.

Thanks @Onestepatatime ! I hope you are enjoying the holidays, also!!
Soon, a brand New Year is upon us, how can this be??
I imagine you are as ready to say goodbye to 2019 as I am..
Here's to things falling right into place for you, the recovery and the job search, etc.

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon::loveshwr:

Thank you! Hope you had a great New Year. A hospital system in North Carolina wants to fly me down for interviews. I’m dying to move but getting cold feet on being far from friends family and my doctors. The area does look so nice though.

It won't hurt to take the hospital system up on their offer to fly you to NC for an interview. You can always decline the position if they offer. You may love the area. With a little research you could find good doctors, you'd meet new friends and who knows, maybe you'd see family more often because they'd love to visit....then possibly relocate themselves to be closer to you.
You never know what's beyond the horizon.
Wishing you the best as you contemplate next steps.
Have a great weekend!
@Onestepatatime

Hello!! I am wondering how you are doing? If you have a moment it sure would be nice to have an update.. and hoping there are some positive changes going on.

Hi @CricketHip @Layla @FCBayern

Trip to Asheville NC was good. I only had 3 hours free to see the downtown and no time for sightseeing. But a very cool hippy artsy vibe there. I met with 13 people, so was exhausting. And then I flew home after the interviews. I am not sure I honestly see myself moving there. In my heart of hearts I am not ready to be far from my son. When he graduates in May he will be living in Queens and I would love to stay in the area and see him in a 45 min drive. I do not have feedback yet so we will see. I did not travel handicap, but it was not easy at all transferring planes and going to other terminals, etc.

Another company here in NJ wants me in for final interviews this Friday. If finances let me, I would take another month of no work, but I can't afford to. I am still experiencing bad soreness through my groin and then there is the bursitis. Ice, celebrex, PT and gym all help. I am taking gabapentin too, not sure if that helps. Still hard to get in the car, I cannot lift my leg high enough to get in normally.

That's all I got for now! Thanks for asking! Hope you are all doing well....

So good to hear your update, you are moving in the right direction, slowly, but in the right direction. Thank you for taking time to check in. We do worry about you.. and I for one, love rooting you on!!
I still have some upper thigh and groin soreness, more like a bruised feeling, it doesn't stop me from doing the things I need and want to do but some days I'm aware of it. Not as much as you are having and not bursitis.. but wanted to mention that to you.

Good luck on Friday! I hope it goes very well for you and you get some good news.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom