Revision THR Continuing left hip pain

Erica,

So sorry you're still searching for that long term solution. It shouldn't be this hard! I'm glad they're at least willing to try these other possibilities, but wish someone could pinpoint it and say "see here - this is the problem and we can fix it in a jiff" !

I'll keep my fingers, eyes, toes and legs crossed for you - just can't quite master crossing the arms very well at the moment!

Sara

Thanks for the update, Erica.
I’m sorry to hear you’re still left hanging as far as a firm diagnosis or plan of action to bring you relief. Please continue to update us as time allows...we’re here for you. :console2:
Wishing you comfort.
@ebair23

Oh, wow, Erica. I’m sure you are frustrated and disappointed. At least he didn’t completely dismiss you. That’s a good thing and now you have a plan. I, too, was already doing hip flexor stretches in a routine put together by a kinesiologist before I was asked to do the same thing for a little while longer then try the injection then surgery. It’s the formula most do to lessen your risks as opposed to jumping right to surgery (and that may not be the best or right solution) but also to be able to qualify you for insurance for each next more invasive step. That said, it doesn’t make the wait any less disheartening. I know I felt “I’ve already done that, is another 2 weeks going to change anything?” However, you will have done it and then can move to the next step to get you closer to healing. Don’t lose hope. Persistence is the name of the game here. We’re here for you. Keep us posted. ❤

@Hip4life Thank you soo much for that message! It made me feel like someone understands what is going on with my hip. ❤️

Anytime. The ortho world seems to move so slowly unless there’s an emergency. It’s painful in more ways than one. Lol. I’m here if you need me. ❤️ Pat.

Hey Erica,
Wondering how things are going since you last posted?
Hopefully you’re making some progress. :fingersx:
Please update us when you’re able. We care! :)
@ebair23

Sorry. I am still trying to recover and still having some issues. I am currently waiting for an injection and then will be getting a band release and the wires taken out. The hip its self seems to be doing great though. The opposite hip is now the worst. Lordy

I’m sorry this continues and now your other hip is bothering you...ugh! Somethings gotta give here. I wish I could do more than wish you comfort, Erica. I hope this is resolved soon. Stay in touch, we’re here for you. :console2:
@ebair23

Sorry it's been so long... I haven't had any new news for you all. I have an appt with my ortho Monday. We will be discussing my RTHR (Left hip) and the continuing pain due to the ilio band and the wires that are holding my bones together. He is considering taking the wires out and also releasing the band. He feels that my left side will feel great after that. Woot Woot! Finally. Now on to the Right hip. This poor hip has been a real trooper for the last +/-3 years while I have been struggling with my Left hip. Now.... It has done its job and now hurts tremendously. So needless to say, we will also be discussing the Right hip at my appt. Ill get back on to let you know how it went. Thanks again, everyone for the love and support.

Erica :)

Hey, there! Nice to hear from you but sorry you’re still struggling, Erica. That’s been a lot to sort through and get taken care of but I’m glad you have some answers. It sometimes seems like “the song that never ends” doesn’t it? You sound hopeful which is a very good way to deal with this. I’m hoping for a good appointment on Monday, my hipster friend. Looking forward to your update. ❤️ Pat.

Hello and Happy Friday!
Will look forward to hearing what your OS has to say.
Best of luck to you on Monday, Erica.
I hope you have a nice weekend! :SUNsmile:
@ebair23

@ebair23 :wave: Good to hear from you. Sorry that you're still having issues but at least it sounds like there's a plan on place. Hope your appointment on Monday goes well.

So glad to see your post and hope that the procedure will certainly bring you relief.
Now that your "problem child" is put of the way, let's let Righty be a breeze!:friends:

Hello Erica,
Its been such a long haul with your left hip. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end and you’ll soon be on your way to perfect healing. Wondering if your OS is planning to do the release you mentioned? The procedures have been added to your signature. If inaccurate, please let us know and we’ll edit. Thankfully you don’t have much longer to wait. Please stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing. Will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best!
@ebair23

Hi @ebair23
I know you are nervous...understandably...but I certainly think this is what has to be done to get you out of pain and back to healthy and happy.
You know we will be with you in spirit.
:friends:
Big hugsxxxx

Thinking of you this morning, Erica.
I hope you’re feeling a sense of peace and encouraged that the wire removal tomorrow will finally bring you the comfort you so deserve. Will look forward to an update as time allows.
Sending a hug and best wishes your way.
@ebair23

Sending blessings that tomorrow will bring you much needed relief. Finally. You can do this. We’re right here cheering you on. Touch base when you’re feeling up to it. ❤️ Pat

Keeping you in my thoughts for tomorrow, hope this finally gives you the relief you need. We're here for you, your own cheering section! :dancy:

Please add me to the cheering section. :happydance:
Sending healing hugs you way, @ebair23 :friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties