BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
Dismiss Notice

Shopping on Amazon Prime Day July 15-16?

Make purchases through smile.amazon and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase amount to BoneSmart!

Sign up at Smile.amazon.com and indicate our parent organization, The Foundation for the Advancement in Research in Medicine, Inc. All of the donation funds received from Amazon purchases are transferred to BoneSmart to help keep us up and running.

Difficulty bending down to feed my pets

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by DinnerUP, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DinnerUP

DinnerUP new member

I had a new left hip joint fitted in 1987 that is still going strong. Most of the time it is fine unless I sit on chairs/stools that are too low/high when I might suffer considerable pain (muscle?) for some time afterwards.
    The thing that is really difficult for me is bending down to pick up objects from the floor. I have various 'grabbers', (helping hands), strategically placed around the house to pick up dropped objects, but feeding my cats is a different kettle of fish. (Couldn't resist the pun!)
    Trying to recover dirty plates from the floor is bad enough, but trying to put down new food and water is impossible, especially with a 'starving puss' nudging me.
    That is when I thought other pet owners must be having similar problems and invented DinnerUP. To date it has been a big hit with joint replacement patients. Have a look and let me know what you think.

2. dixieodoodles

dixieodoodles new member

I have cats and dogs. Where do we look? Am I missing something?

3. DinnerUP

DinnerUP new member

Hello dixiedoodles,
    You will be able to see all about this product at www.dinnerup.co.uk
    We have already sold this product to others in the States who have been impressed how easily DinnerUP works & the diference it makes to their confidence.
    As we are a small company and haven't got an agent in the US you have to buy from us direct, but we can ship it to you within the week.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    DinnerUP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.