Did You All Get The Ice Water Thing That

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy66

graduate
Did You All Get The Ice Water Pump That Circulates Ice Cold Water To A Bag That Is Strapped Over The Knee? I Am Supposed To Used It Twenty Minutes Out Of Every Waking Hour. It Is A Wonder And Was Given To Me When I Left The Hospital. The Reason I Asked Is Because The Nurses Were Telling Me All The Patients Get Them But Only A Very Few Take Them Home And The Sad Part Of That Is That They Thrown Away When We Are Discharged. Seems They Cannot Be Used Again.

I Would Like To Take A Second To Say How Very Fortunated I Was In That The Nursing Staff That Took Care Of Me Was Just Wonderful, As Were All The Different Doctors. I Think I Told You That I Had An Allergic Reaction To The First Blood Transfusion And Had To Stay In The Hospital A Few Days Longer Than They Expected But In The End Everything All Was Well. They Just Wanted To Make Sure My Heart Was All Right, Which It Is. So Thanks Again For All The Love And Care. Rowdy

I didn't have one at all. Neither did my roomy. We had the same DR. wonder if it's him or the hospital. I certainly had ice though. And I came out OK.

Is it like a cooler with a hose and works through gravity? That is what I had for my last arthroscopic surgery. I kept it and used it. I have been told in the TKR class I took at the hospital I will be having another one. I am bringing my Canadian Crutches (metal that fit on the forearm) with me to the hospital & rehabilitation.

Hey ship, I see you are In Plymouth NH. Is that close to Manchester? My family is having a mini get together/reunion in july there. Nice area? Not sure if I'm going, though Hubby has new job, and if we move blah, blah.

Hey ship, I see you are In Plymouth NH. Is that close to Manchester? My family is having a mini get together/reunion in july there. Nice area? Not sure if I'm going, though Hubby has new job, and if we move blah, blah.

Jennifer,
NH is a beautiful state. Even the largest city has lots of beauty. Manchester is about an hour south of us. It is the largest city in the state. My husband grew up there and our youngest son (30), lives and works there. We are centrally located in NH. We are in the Lakes Region just south of the White Mountains and the White Mountain National Forest. We are avid skiers & hikers. We like to fish, canoe, and just plain enjoy living in vacation land. Our oldest son, 33 lives in Meriden, CT. Know where that is off I-91?
Where is hubby's new job? Moving to a one level house would make things nice for you. Our home is 4 stories! Ground level basement, first floor, second floor, third floor bedroom!
We do enjoy the hot tub in the basement tho'. Has anyone had experience using the hot tub for recovery?

New job is still in CT so we won't go far. Yes 1 level or a br on 1st at least is another feature we will be looking for. I do know where Meriden is. Not far, but CT is so small you can say that for most places here.

I got one that is a cooler with a pump. It's called an "Iceman". You fill it with Ice and water and it pumps cold water to the knees. I'm sure it comes with other attachments that you can use for other joints etc. Mine had a "T" so I could Ice both knees at the same time.

Steve

I got one that is a cooler with a pump. It's called an "Iceman". You fill it with Ice and water and it pumps cold water to the knees. I'm sure it comes with other attachments that you can use for other joints etc. Mine had a "T" so I could Ice both knees at the same time.

Steve
Very cool! I hope they offer me that one!

i got to bring one home and im going to ask for one to take to the office when i return to work it ia called a Polar Ice machine - you plug it in and wallah .... a pump circulates the water

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back