Did anyone else have doubts up till the last minute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you're on the other side. Life will be good again! Just think,,,,every day that will pass after the surgery, you will feel stronger and more pain free! Yes, PT is tough, but it will be so worth it for YOU! This is the time you've got to put yourself first!

Hi Kat and everyone,

This is the first time I have joined in but I have read the posts for a couple of weeks and I am so relieved to see how many people have a lot of the same feelings. My husband it very supportive but I really needed to hear from people who are in my shoes. Kinda. LOL. I am scared to death. I keep thinking my Knees are getting better,and I do not have the pain that some of you describe. It does not wake me up and I can do a lot of things but they do hurt alot and they are not stable at all. They keep giving away and so far I have been able to catch myself. I lost my job a few weeks ago and everyone says now is the time to take care of this and get it over with but they are not the ones having their legs cut off.

Thanks for this avenue to vent and to see their are other people out there who understand.

Joyan

Knees giving way is a very good reason to get it done, Joyan. Couldn't ask for a better. And you know what? This past couple of days my knee has been absolutely fine! I even managed 4 km on the old exercise bike tonight! Don't be fooled - it's time to get it done. And we'll be here to cheer you on, never fear.

By the way - welcome to BoneSmart!

Joyan, I had doubts up until the point where they were wheelin' me in. Your mind can try really hard to tell you things are better than they really are. That's the tough thing about elective surgery! It's sooooo, so.......well, ELECTIVE!!! And sometimes we think we shouldn't when we SHOULD. One of the things that I noticed IMMEDIATELY after surgery was the stability of the new joint. You will be amazed and thankful that you did it once you get over the first couple of weeks of recovery. They seem to be the worst for most everyone. And you'll have all us "crazies" here to support you and hopefully make you laugh now and then. We're one big kooky family!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker