THR Diary of my journey to happy times

On a scale of 1-10, how is hubby feeling today?
Somewhere between -> :sick: and this ->:yahoo:
I hope each day is a bit brighter than the last for both of you.
You're in my thoughts even though you’re way across the pond.
@Klassy

Husband is feeling worse today, poor love. Upset digestive system, which I didn’t suffer. We are hoping he gets some sleep and feels better tomorrow. I am feeling very useless. But much better healthwise.

I’m glad to hear you‘re feeling better, Klassy, but I’m so sorry about your husband.
I hope this turns around quickly for him. Nasty ol Covid… I hate it.
@Klassy

I think from what I have heard it takes a week and then its gone. My daughters both got it but they weren't here at the time. Everyone I know has gotten it and I think my husband and I got it way way early before anyone knew what covid was. We came back from abroad and we were sick as dogs with what we thought was the flu but both of us tested negative for the flu. I am sure it was covid. I was on two rounds of anti-biotics and my cough would not go away for weeks plus I had shortness of breath. I have never been that sick except when I had walking pnemonia when my dad was very ill. I had a fever of 102 and didn't know it until I went to the doctor:(

I hope you both feel better soon! I hate this thing.

Husband is feeling slightly better. I am feeling slightly worse! We are resting and waiting for this to pass.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend you will be on the side of recovery. Wish there was something we could do:(
If you were in Hong Kong with @Boofit you could send her helper for some of that black chicken soup. In the meantime good old English Earl Grey has to do I guess...hope tomorrow if better for you @Klassy :console2:

Thanks Snoops! Coincidence of the day, I was sipping on Earl Grey at the very moment I read your message! Luxuriating in the cup that cheers but not inebriates.

Sorry you still aren't feeling better. We both had Covid when it first started over 2 years ago. Around here it seems to be making somewhat of a comeback but now majority here are vaccinated and boostered so symptoms appear to be milder and shorter.
Of course just getting common cold now makes us think it's Covid again!
Have numerous home test kits so if we develop symptoms we are all set but now that I'm 70 and not working if I felt lousy I'd just stay in for a few days.
Hope this issue resolves quickly for both of you.

Day 12 (of Covid, I have lost count of the hip!) and I am STILL testing positive, still coughing and snuffling. So much for hoping that triple jabbed would mean a short mild dose. But today’s line took longer to appear and is quite faint. So hopefully that means my viral load is getting old and feeble and will be gone soon. Like me, except for the gone soon bit, I hope!

Husband also tested positive yesterday, but he is definitely feeling better. Not that he says so, but today he has been doing a bit of DIY, always a good sign.

Yesterday I felt sooo low that I had a total duvet day. We have both had ups and downs - like the famous hip recovery drawing. But surely we must be emerging from it now.

Since we came down with this nearly two weeks ago, we have heard of another 6 cases among our local ringing friends and acquaintances. We only know about 20 local ringers, and several of the others have had it in the last couple of months, so that shows how rampant this bug is around here.

Covid, your 15 mins is up. GO AWAY:xmark:

Wishing for brighter days for you and hubby. :console2:

Since we came down with this nearly two weeks ago, we have heard of another 6 cases among our local ringing friends and acquaintances. We only know about 20 local ringers, and several of the others have had it in the last couple of months, so that shows how rampant this bug is around here.
My son came down with covid a couple weeks ago too. Teaching classes at the university without a mask, it is still definitely with us. I just got my 4th shot on Monday.

Hoping you both feel better soon!

I received my 4th shot 2 weeks before my THR. It’s really going around again here too in Washington state. Lots of new cases at the senior center where I volunteer and everyone there is vaccinated.

I thought that even though you can still test positive many days after turning positive, you are not actually contagious after 10 days. Or is that old information?

You are right @Zoebichon that there is guidance, including from the NHS, that non-contagiousness can be assumed after 10 days. But really no one knows for sure. I personally feel uncomfortable about mixing with others while I am still coughing and spluttering. But perhaps I shouldn’t worry about testing again. I have committed myself to a quarter peal attempt on Sunday, eek, so will just have to be over it by then. This will be my first serious ringing with Hip 2 and I am badly underprepared, but it’s time to go for it.

On a happier note, I am enjoying watching Andy Murray at Wimbledon (typing this while they have their little sit down). I think he is going to lose, alas, but it is great to see how well his hip is working.

Two friends I hung out with over the weekend ended up with covid a couple of days ago and when they texted to let me know that I had been exposed I started having a scratchy throat from the worry of it so I started to drink some vitamin C and gargled twice. Obviously it was a weird reaction but hopefully I don't have it. In a way I just want to get it and get it over with. I just don't want the brain fog. I'm already foggy enough:loll:

Fingers crossed for you Snoopy that it was just the power of suggestion at work.

Thanks for asking @Boofit . I think my husband is pretty much recovered, but he is not admitting to it! Fair enough, he has put in plenty of work over the last several years looking after me and my hips etc, so he deserves some indulgence and a rest from all chores. We went for a little walk today, my first time out of the house for a fortnight, and he was striding ahead up hill while I puffed away in his wake and turned back long before he would have. I am still snuffling and coughing. I would say brain fogged, but maybe that is my permanent state!

Same! My husbands favorite thing to say to me is "whats it like living in la la land??" which sometimes I find funny and sometimes I don't actually depending on the situation and my mood:))

He might be milking the illness for a few more days just so you can feel sorry for him and take care of him for a little bit so just go ahead and indulge him if you're up to it lol

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom