THR Diary of my journey to happy times

Snoopy55

senior
Country
United States United States
Hiiiii @Klassy and Tula!! You are both absolutely adorable! So nice to see a picture of you dear Klassy and so happy for you to have found your dogga. I can believe about potty training LOL and so sweet of you to spend the night next to her by the crate. My dog HATED the crate and absolutely refused to sleep in it and ended up in our bed for years and then one day decided he had had enough and jumped off and slept in his own bed. They literally have their own minds. So happy for you!

OP
OP
Klassy

Klassy

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @Snoopy55 . How nice to be called adorable! Tula is very good at sleeping through the night in her crate - much better than her mummy, who has to sneak out for at least one loo break every night. She hasn’t spent any daytime hours in it till now, but I have been concerned that she isn’t getting enough quality nap time being in the rest of the house with us, so this morning I am trying the experiment of putting her back in the bedroom crate after breakfast and play, and lying down beside her. Good excuse for a lie down for me too! She grumbled for a moment and then gave her bed a good thrashing, but is napping now. So I will steal away soon.

Otherwise puppy training is going well. She is making good progress in training my husband not to leave his shoes and slippers lying around!

Attachments

• EF47AB58-2955-43E1-B112-C5F80364B757.jpeg
    EF47AB58-2955-43E1-B112-C5F80364B757.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 01806115-A123-4110-80EF-E7626085A33D.jpeg
    01806115-A123-4110-80EF-E7626085A33D.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 55
Country
Awww...Tula is adorable!!! Lots of happy tail wagging days ahead!
Great walking companion for sure.

Layla

Staff member since November 20, 2017
BoneSmart Staff
Country
That pup is adorable! I'll bet she feels like a new toy you can't get enough of. Thanks for sharing the pics.
I hope you have a lovely week!
@Klassy

Snoopy55

senior
Country
Omg she’s so cute! I love her face. I wonder how big she will get? We saw a yellow lab the other day and he kept pawing me to pet him and when I got up I was covered in yellow dog hair. I wear black all the time lol and I had forgotten how much they shed. I bet Tula doesn’t shed? I’m so happy for you! Enjoy every moment even those moments where she’s been naughty!

OP
OP
Klassy

Klassy

graduate
Country
Today is an anniversary of some sort … trying to remember…. Something to do with hips? Checking… um, two hips, both there, nothing to report, can’t be that … umm … Oh of course! A big day! Tula is 11 weeks old today! And that means she can go out on a lead for the first time. Woohoo!! Hard to get a decent photo because she is so quick, but here is a snap of her in her harness.

PS only kidding. I could easily forget that my hips are titanium, but would never forget to be grateful.

Attachments

• D422DFC5-FDC7-40A7-926D-C50C0BD8C438.jpeg
    D422DFC5-FDC7-40A7-926D-C50C0BD8C438.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 39

Boofit

senior
Country
Hong Kong Hong Kong
Tula is 11 weeks old today! And that means she can go out on a lead for the first time. Woohoo!!
Hi @Klassy So lovely to go out with Tula - I haven't owned a dog since I was a little girl and didn't know that one has to wait till a pup is 11 weeks old before one could walk it with a lead..

I liked your "two hips, both there, nothing to report" line. Am hoping that I will reach that stage someday.

OP
OP
Klassy

Klassy

graduate
Country
@Boofit , you will get there! No knowing when. It took longer with Hip 1 than Hip 2.

Tula had to wait to go out until she was fully immunised against parvovirus, which is a nasty disease that can be fatal to puppies.

CricketHip

Staff member since June 5, 2019
BoneSmart Staff
Country
Hello Tula! And nice to see your lovely face @Klassy !

I had a cockapoo.. she was such a sweetheart. Surprisingly athletic, too.
You both sound like you are bonding and off to a good start..
This is the first time ever that I don't have a dog by my side. The last Best Friend's illness and death took quite the toll on us.

Then there's those gloriously healthy hips! It's a great club to be a member of. :loveshwr:

OP
OP
Klassy

Klassy

graduate
Country
I am sorry for the loss of your Best Friend. It is the sad downside to the bond we feel for them.

Tula is certainly athletic, it is incredible to see her careering flat out around the garden with a plastic flowerpot in her mouth, or leaping high to try to reach a tempting tea towel, the little devil! But then she lifts a paw to scratch her ear and tumbles over. So cute!

Yogini

Country
Wow. In the Western USA we get 0 or 1 night in the hospital. For zero, the hospital arranges anterior surgery and a spinal. Very convenient. Out the door. I live further north, on the NW edge of the continent, in Washington state. Here usually it's 1 night (for"observation " not admission - a Medicare tehnicality). Then goodbye. Usually... Boomboomboom. Since every business here is short staffed, very few home PT visits are offered. So goddess bless Dr Google and generous minded BS bloggers. Good advice, even though the medical community cringes.

I did lots of valuable prep work, like you. It pays off. I may have to publish my own list of prep work that proved valuable.

Good luck. Our bodies DO want to heal. I believe that.

Layla

BoneSmart Staff
Country
Happy Ten Month Anniversary, Klassy!
I'm happy you're enjoying pain free days with cutie pie, Tula:puppysmooze:
A great week to you and yours!
@Klassy

OP
OP
Klassy

Klassy

graduate
Country
Thank you @Layla . BTW, you were very kind and sympathetic when I was stressed about a possible diagnosis of GCA back in February. (I had some but not all of the symptoms). I have been moving verrrry slowly through the NHS testing process ever since, all tests eventually came back negative, symptoms have gone, and this week was discharged, all clear. Very relieved and yet another reason to be grateful.

Hi @Yogini . Yes we’d be lost without this forum. A list of your preparations would be helpful to future hippies I am sure.

Hi @myglasshalffull , it’s great to hear that you are back walking the dogs. What a wonderful feeling!

Tula isn’t supposed to have walks of any length yet, because her puppy bones need more time to grow strong. She doesn’t seem to have got that memo, and belts around the garden while I stand watching and trying to distract her. Or when she is on her lead, supposedly learning to walk nicely, she is leaping about at the end of her leash. We are bottom of the class in puppy class, tisk tisk. Despite the fact that I don’t feel like I am getting much exercise, I somehow seem to have lost several kilos since she arrived! Thank you lovely Tula!

She has gained a couple of kilo but grown to match so remains a perfect weight. Here she is “helping” me collect the autumn leaves - that is my gardening glove she has stolen!

Attachments

• 538CBB53-C264-4C69-8CD2-E715FC75AFD4.jpeg
    538CBB53-C264-4C69-8CD2-E715FC75AFD4.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 29

Layla

BoneSmart Staff
Country
What fantastic news! I know that was a very trying time for you and understandably so. It would be frightening for anyone. I'm sorry it took so long to be discharged with an "all clear". Thankfully all tests were negative and you've been symptom free. Such a blessing, Klassy!
Tula is an adorable pup. I can imagine how she's wormed her way into your heart and life. Enjoy the short amount of Autumn left before the holidays are upon us. :)
@Klassy

Snoopy55

senior
Country
Hello from Portugal! I am at the airport and back on the forum and happy to see your 10th month anniversary!
And your puppy!! I’m doing well and been traveling since early October! Hugs to all.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JerzPat
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom