THR DesertDiva's Recovery Thread

Hugs for Peace and Comfort...:console2:
I am glad I was able to get it done in one fell swoop as I can imagine it is unnerving to think of doing it again.
As you know, many members have - so you are in good company.
@RinTinTin and a few others are trudging through Number 2...but won't 2020 be Sweet!:yes!:
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: friend.

Thank you all for your kind comments and well wishes.

If I'm honest, part of me is still in shock that I've had one hip replaced and face the other one a week from today.

Tomorrow will be my "three month anniversary" of my left hip replacement, but tears come easily as I'll soon be "plunged back into Hell" to heal and recover as I do it "all over again." I know that depression regarding all of this is somewhat normal and to be expected, but a significant part of me feels "broken."

I've lost almost a year of my life, that I'll never be able to gain back and I often wonder if I'll ever feel whole after this experience. I keep a "happy face" and smile through the pain. However, this whole experience has taken a toll on me not only physically but more significantly emotionally.

Sorry for the rant, but I've been in the "do what I have to do" mode and that isn't working as I'm feeling "angry" as I navigate this whole process.
@DesertDiva
We're all rooting for you!
Merry Christmas.

I'd like to tell you how this one will be a breeze and so much easier than the first, but I'd be lying. In a way getting them both done within a year might be better. I knew going in that both of mine were bad but I thought the right would last, it didn't. The hard part for me was I was recovered and now I'm back to square one. Makes the bilateral deal look good, that does sound crazy but it is one recovery. Look at it this way yours will be one recovery, just spread out a little longer.

@DesertDiva I'll be a month behind you, and watching your recovery with much interest. I can't imagine the stress of 2 THRs only 3 months apart, but it seems like that is getting to be a more common scenario from what I've read here. By springtime 2020 I hope to see us both planning some fun trips (I don't have an RV, but love a good road trip!!:driver: ). Best of luck as your day gets closer.

A belated Happy Three Month Anniversary! I hope Lefty is doing well and you were able to enjoy Christmas with those you hold dear. Only three more days until your next surgery when this recovery will hopefully move seamlessly into the next.

I'm sorry for the pain you're suffering both physically and emotionally. Surgery will soon be behind you and you'll be on your way to recapturing the full active life you had before the pain of deteriorating hips began. We're here for you and will continue offering support as you move through surgery / recovery.

Wishing you comfort and peace of mind as you await Monday.
@DesertDiva

No need to apologize for the rant - this is the safe place to express our frustrations/hopes and fears and everyone pretty much understands.

Hang in there- relief is coming. 2020 will be your year to regain your life and travel again with your group which sounds wonderful.

@Aw, @leejaa - thank you so much for your comforting words and support. :)

I am glad I was able to get it done in one fell swoop as I can imagine it is unnerving to think of doing it again.
As you know, many members have - so you are in good company.

@Mojo333 - I wish I could have done the same as you, but my OS would only do one at a time and wait three months for the first one to heal somewhat. Thanks for your kindness... :thankyou:

Home Again and Monday is the "Big Day"
Home Sweet Home
Yesterday I drove my RV home from the RV park, but before I did I "unloaded" my clothing, etc... into my car. Instead of trying to hook up my two car to my RV, a friend drove it for me and then helped my unload it at home. Since she doesn't have a tow car and just her RV I drove her back after taking her to lunch, and then drove back home. It was roughly 150 miles of driving for the day. I think I "overdid" it, as I got home, poured a glass of wine and promptly went to bed.

Pain
Even though I'm not looking forward to surgery, I think this will all happen "just in the nick of time." Any pressure I put on the right leg is painful in the groin area, as well as certain spots down my leg and knee. I had to stop the Meloxicam last Monday for the seven days pre-surgery. It's strange, but why I'm lying in bed I have some back pain, but when I bend my knee it seems to take the pressure off. OK, that's enough whining...

Flu Worries
One woman had the flu but said she was "recovering" and felt better. However, she was still coughing so I made sure I didn't go anywhere near her. Yesterday, another person had caught the flu and was so sick people went over to care for her, walk her dog, etc... I'm not paranoid, but I do admit I worried about being around contagious people.

Errands Today
OK, call me crazy but since I have no one here to trim my toenails I'm going to get a pedicure (no polish) today since I won't be reaching my feet anytime soon. I'm also going to stock up on groceries, etc...

Surgery
A couple of days ago I received a phone call from Mountain View Orthopedics saying I was supposed to have a CT scan of my pelvis (like the previous surgery). I did indeed have the CT scan and met with the pre-surgery nurse on December 20th. A few minutes later they called back and had found the file. I received my "surgery reporting" call yesterday and I'm have to report at 5:45 a.m. Previously, I was the last surgery and didn't go in until 12:40.

So, I'm waiting for Monday with mixed feelings, but it's something I have to do...

You are prepped and ready to get this over with! I am wishing the very best of surgery experiences for you. You got this, and I think you are much stronger than you think. I believe!

This time around you know what aids were the most helpful and I'm sure you have everything set up?
So happy for you that you will have friends with you!!

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

Only the best wishes for your surgery. I think it is wonderful that you will be going in early, less time to get anxious and hurt. Soon, you will only have recovery pain which goes away. Good idea for the pedicure. You have just a little bit of time to get everything in place for your coming home. :flwrysmile:

Wishing you the best surgery on Monday, super nice with the early report time, looks like you'll be first up! Get it done and over with! You have this and yes, you are stronger than you're probably feeling right now but you have all of us out here cheering you on! And you'll have friends there with you to help you out right after surgery. Here's to looking forward to the start of a brighter new year! brighter
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

You are prepped and ready to get this over with! I am wishing the very best of surgery experiences for you. You got this, and I think you are much stronger than you think. I believe!

Thanks so much @CricketHip - I really appreciate the "cheering on" and deep down inside I know I can do this. OK, I can do it with "a little help from my friends." Thanks for being there for me.

Only the best wishes for your surgery. I think it is wonderful that you will be going in early, less time to get anxious and hurt. Soon, you will only have recovery pain which goes away.

Thanks @leejaa - I'm glad for the early time too, but I'll be up and showering "really early" and using the antiseptic prep pad wipe. Thanks for being there for me.

Wishing you the best surgery on Monday, super nice with the early report time, looks like you'll be first up! Get it done and over with! You have this and yes, you are stronger than you're probably feeling right now but you have all of us out here cheering you on!

@Elf1 - Thank you so much for your support. I can't tell you what it means to me.

Thinking of you @DesertDiva :SUNsmile:

I hope you can get a good nights sleep. Sounds like you are very well prepared at home. Once you get there tomorrow just trust your team and let everyone help you in recovery.

We will be waiting for you on the other side. Best wishes!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks