• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Depuy , Stryker or Zimmer knees/ Quad cut or Muscle Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well, this was the subject of a discussion betwixt the owners and me but they would prefer it if the surgeons were named spontaneously rather than prompted to do so by a pre-existing thread.

AlaskanTKR

graduate
Make sure you are comfy with your choice. This is a person you may be dealing with for quite some time in the future. Each OS definietly has their own style and bedside manner. If you talk to one with a good rep but are uncomfy I would find another. Think of it like finding a good pediatrician In reality he/she will be delivering you a new knee that needs to last a while and the first year is or can be full of visits, some necessary and some for peace of mind when we overdo. I have had good luck with my OSs. They have all been with the same practice but each as different than the next One all business and practical - the first guy, first scope, military guy The second guy, 4 scopes and the tkr older, wiser willing to have patience but not super outgoing, very professional always on time - quiet as opposed to snobby, occasionally funny. This last guy is very young, progressive, doesnt seem to make you wait things out for extremely long periods, up on the very latest stuff, BUSY!!!!! office is always running 20-30 minutes behind, harder to schedule apts with, but.... still manages quality and quantity of time with his patients and remembers the little things. I probably would have had him do the knee had I known he existed. He seems a bit more realistic with the length of time these things take to heal to our expectations. I like them all but will try to stick with this last guy for all future events and just remember to bring a good book with me while I wait! I have a zimmer gender specific knee and am very happy with it!

Marianne

edk

senior
.... Think of it like finding a good pediatrician In reality he/she will be delivering you a new knee that needs to last a while and the first year is or can be full of visits, some necessary and some for peace of mind when we overdo. ... I have a zimmer gender specific knee and am very happy with it!

Marianne
I just couldn't resist when you woke up from surgery did he announce "Its a girl".

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
allylaw25
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom