Dentist

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so terrible that noone called back. I would call the on-call tell them you are having surgery soon and need this cleared up..........Maybe the ER or urgent treatment center ?...Please dont wait to long . That has to hurt.....Judles I agree, just a few out there...And now its Friday.....Did this happen because she cut your mouth, is that what it was...

I got a phone call back late last night and dont you know i was sleeping but my hubby picked up and was told to double up on the penicillin and to keep a eye on my temp and to see if the dentist was on call in the morning and if any problem that we can go to the ER and ask for anyone in the group. So I got the dentist answering service this morning they are not in today so my appt. is for 12;45 on Monday. I have been keeping the ice pack on and my swelling is going down, will wait until later today and if i need to go to the ER I will go, will have to get a ride there as its a hour and half drive. Just what i need!!!!

Tooyoung--
I just saw this thread and I'm so sorry that you been having such a rough time. Any mouth pain is terrible and to be worried about infection just makes it worse. I hope you get it resolved ASAP.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Irene

I hope the swelling keeps going down, really if you need to just go get it checked out. I dont know about medicine at all. Did you double up like they said. Good grief maybe that will work IDK. Sure hope it gets taken care of soon.........

That is just not right that they kept you waiting all day and night . :hissy: Surely they know how we hang by the phone. I pray the doubling of penicillin helps a lot. Glad you have pain meds. I remember when I was pregnant with my first and had a bad tooth problem develop on the weekend. I waited and waited to get through the weekend, then Monday woke up, it was a Holiday. :shk:
My dentist met me at his office anyway and even called my OB as I did not want to use any anesthetic.
Prayers for a calm , fast weekend for you
judy

I got got a call from the dentist they can get me in at 12. What a weekend had ice on the side of my face for 23 out of the 24 hours so the swelling is down. I did get a little worry last night my knee got very sore so on when the ice, its got to be the weather here all its is doing is raining my knee is ok this morning but i think i am going to use my cane today when i go out. until later

Oh, poor you, what a weekend.

Let's hope the dentist can sort you out. Let us know what happens when you feel able to. We're all thinking of you and wishing you well.

I hate going to the dentist, I have a small mouth so just getting thoses x-rays in place is one thing,then the question why havent you been here in the last 2 years, I told her after my knee replacement that was nothing but trouble since it was put in and all the rehab. and on top of all that dealing with my fibromyalgia that has me in bed for days on end you just dont think about going to another doctor, So i can have a pick, have root canal or have the tooth pulled out so i asked How Much I need to know theses things, the root canal $1400 pulling the tooth $150 its a back tooth no ones going to see so I pick the $150 but now on Wed i am having my teeth cleaned thats $160 and today it was $110 But i got a senior citizen courtesy of $10 and I am only 52! I am having that tooth pulled on the first just think More Pain,and the paper that needs to be filled out for the surgery they will do on Wed after my teeth are clean, and then only 1 month to go for this revision not looking forward for that pain again.

You poor lass! It's so unfair for you to be going through all this.

Just be very very sure you don't dislodge the blood clot out of the socket when you have it out, and end up with a dry socket. That would be the bitter end!

I had a back tooth pulled out a few years ago. Besides the weird feeling of it being wrong (someone pulling out a tooth) it was OK after. Hopefully it will be for you as well.
judy

Thank You, now tomorrow i am getting my teeth clean how nice thats going to be!

Dont like the dentist. Last time I went he pulled the wrong tooth and said I pointed it out. I said well I was numb. I had no idea what you were doing. But didnt you take the xrays to see. he still blamed it on me....OK....lol...Happy cleaning glad your getting all this done now...

Kim! What a horrible story!! I hope you have a NEW dentist now as that one sounds like a real loser!

Yes I do. He even charged me. For both. I didn'y pay, so he put it in the credit bureau so I just paid it and that was it.....But I was really stunned when he said it was my fault....

Kim, many years ago I when and need a root canal (its alway thoses back teeth) and the dentist did the wrong tooth It took the next day to find out and i when back had him do the right tooth and also said that i wasnt going to pay for it never got one bill! I did go to a new dentist the one i have now.

Dont like the dentist. Last time I went he pulled the wrong tooth and said I pointed it out. I said well I was numb. I had no idea what you were doing. But didnt you take the xrays to see. he still blamed it on me....OK....lol...Happy cleaning glad your getting all this done now...

I certainly hope you've changed dentist!!!! I think I might have been tempted to sue dentist #1--and I don't like the idea of doing that.

Kim, it's kind of a pain (sorry about the choice of words), but I helped a friend recently sue someone in Small Claims Court and it wasn't really all that difficult to do without a lawyer. We won by default...the idiot didn't even show up. You would be sure to collect with a business. You might think about it if it was a lot of money. You sue for the amount plus all costs associated with filing and preparing the case....plus reasonable interest on the amount.

Wow Kim you should go to small claims court. It does not cost that much. Did you ever have the right tooth removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom